Chainsaw sharpener

Page 2 of 2
On 1/17/2014 8:26 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

That one is memorable. What choir boy doesn't love a good taffy pull with the priests?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/16/2014 8:36 PM, Oren wrote:

I have been digging out old sharpeners, etc. With the exception of a stump vise, I think that so far, I have had very good luck in a short time with just a file.
Stefve
On 1/16/2014 8:36 PM, Oren wrote:

On our last job, a 80' high cottonwood, I just used the round file. I did see that I do need to make a mount for a bar clamp (also called a stump clamp when pounded into a log) to hold my saw while sharpening. With those little indicators, and steady stroking, about six strokes per tooth comes out with remarkable sharpness. Haven't gotten to the other one that uses the flat file yet, and think I may buy one of those that has the guide on it. Or not. We did some heavy work last Saturday, enough to put me in bed until this morning. Buddy's 460 Husky came in, so we are dying to try it on the last 80 footer of this job. 24" bar. Think I'll go 455 w/20".
Steve