Central Air replacement

Located in coastal SC, central air unit installed in 2000, no heat pump (hair dryer type heating element I suspect).

I am considering soo replacing unit with a more efficient unit, and heat pump, or....maybe get a few more years out of old unit.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Luca

Congratulations! I hereby nominate you for the weekly "Least Info Given" award on AHR....

Reply to
Sharp Dressed Man

I'm lost on your suggustion? you have a a/c unit you want to replace installed in 2000 and its failed or you just want a new more energy efficient unit?

your considering a heat pump and you have gas heat now?

those are significant different systems. the biggest is the power requirements for heat pump that will have to be installed in a non heat pump home. not hard but definitely will have to be done by a professional and inspected.

the second part I'm lost at.

Reply to
flir67

Ebay and craigslist

Reply to
Duff

Just want to possibly replace to save energy/money. There is no gas, all electric system.

Reply to
Luca

Soo,

, and you are supposed to call many folks that install these things to learn about everything you dont know.

Reply to
ransley

We used Andersen Services to replace our old system. Their planning and service were excellent. T

Reply to
tbasc