CCW stops robbery...lucky!

Page 4 of 5

DETOUR TIME: Speaking of bad guys, why wasn't this guy apprehended before he left the eyeglass store, just for having horrible fashion taste? What is with those friggin glasses??? http://www.nysmostwanted.com/289.htm
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

ROTFLOL!!! There's never a fashion cop around when you really need one!!
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

I have long wondered what happened to Marty Ingels (g). http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1938/Events/1938/MartyIngel_Grani_981 409_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0408733
http://preview.tinyurl.com/33sxv2
Dave Bugg wrote:

I was countering your argument that there was a "nanny-state" mentality going on. That many of the posts recommended considering alternatives and that some of the espoused concepts were wrong, at least in some contexts, was my thrust.
I'm sure you don't have to worry about blowing off your nuts. One reason is you don't have a Glock. There are other reasons into which we need not delve.

Any person who carries should know their weapon intimately. I have three that I favor, and know the intricacies of all three. If a person is not intimately knowledgeable of their weapon, they should NOT be carrying one concealed. If you're just banging, that's something else entirely.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

I can't tell by that statement if you think I have a problem of not knowing my weapon.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Not at all, Dave. You are one of the few informed people here when it comes to guns. The conversation becomes convoluted when it is a group discussion, and I make statements that are intended for several people, and not to just the poster. Sorry I was not specific. I have no problems at all with your techniques for or reasons to carry. I wish more people were as informed and experienced as you are.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Back 'atcha, Steve :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

To me, it's kind of like welding. I know how to weld. Better than 99% of the people on this earth. I have passed serious x ray certs and have welded underwater. But when I am at parties and hear discussions about welding, I just sit back and don't get involved. At times it's amusing. Other times, it's just fricking hilarious. I feel the same way about guns. Still sometimes I need to and need to learn how to just pass on the bullshit and not get involved in pig wrestling.
Steve

re: Lesson#1 - never point a gun at someone unless you plan to use it.
I guess that goes for the robber also.
What was he doing pointing an unloaded gun at the employee?
In article

A couple of my cops friends said there is sorta an urban legend amongst crooks that if the gun isn't loaded then they think they can't be charged with armed robbery and they will avoid the extra jail time. Boy are they mistaken
Kurt Ullman wrote:

It is still armed robbery even if the gun is a toy. Or if the robber just has his finger under a jacket. If the employee thinks its a gun, it is armed robbery.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

point an "unloaded" or toy gun at a police officer,and they WILL shoot you without question. Civilians who have shot crooks armed with "unloaded" or toy guns have had their shoots ruled "OK". You have no way of knowing that the gun is really unloaded,and must treat it as a real threat. Same for realistic toy guns.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

YIKES!
Insanity.He probably realized it after he drew....

I recall reading about a customer in a similar situation who drew his concealed handgun and yelled "halt" to stop a robber,and the robber spun and shot him dead.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Darwin Award.
A gun alone doesn't guarantee tactical superiority of a situation.
To quote Kenny Rogers
"You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away, and know when to run
Now evry gambler knows that the secret to survivin Is knowin what to throw away and knowin what to keep. cause evry hands a winner and evry hands a loser, And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep"
a civilian CCW holder pulling a gun on a robbery, that doesn't involve them directly - is rolling the dice - (tactically speaking).
may turn out fine, may not.
and what the hell does all this have to do with home repair ???????

re: what the hell does all this have to do with home repair?
The robber was trying to steal money so he could hire a contractor to fix his house. D*mn, those guys charge a lot these days!

re: what the hell does all this have to do with home repair?
I put it right up there with all the "Cheap Brand Jewelry" crap on here.

Is it tough being a genius?
I mean, with a subject line like "CCW stops robbery ... lucky!", I can see how a person of your IQ would confuse it with a thread about home repair and continue to read on and be confused.
Steve
In article

Yep. Robbers still, just not armed (g)
It just more ideas for when you get a bad repairman.