Caulking gun - how do you get the tube out?

on some of them there's no button release. you twist the plunger 180 degrees and pull back.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the plunger back.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Take it back to HD and get a replacement gun. The guns they sell require being exchange after each tube. Be sure to tell the person at customer service that you want your free replacement caulking gun, or they will charge you for it. Leave the old tube in the gun, or you will lose your tube deposit. They refill those old tubes.

You heard this from "The Source" !

Reply to
thesource

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty but I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but there must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Craig

Reply to
SCraig

I also have a dripless from HD. The release is a real bear; you have force it. Maybe that is why it is dripless. Actually it does drip much less than my old one.

Reply to
Toller

On the back of the gun (where the grip safety would be on a colt 45) there is a release, you push forward wtih one thumb. While pulling back the slide with the other hand.

Point the caulking gun in a safe direction, make sure the safety is on, and always treat it like it's loaded. Remember the NCA (National Caulkingun Association) safety rules.

Due to following a few simple rules, the rates of accidental caulking have declined every year. But drive by caulking continues to be a problem. So, take your kids to an approved safety range, where they can learn the rules.

Remember, caulk doesn't seal windows, people seal windows. Support the right to keep and bear caulk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"SCraig" wrote in news:5TE_e.1446$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Remove your little dicky.

Reply to
Stephen King

______________________________

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig

Reply to
SCraig

So you found the release on the back then.

Expereince tips: First tip -- after each time you use it, hit that release and it will stop the pressure on the back of the tube and keep it from dribbling out several inches of caulk that makes a mess that you don't need.

Second tip -- when you are finished, put about a 2 1/2 nail down the nozzle and next timne you use it you will not have to deal with a hardened plug of caulk in the end. a big headed roofing nail is great, most any old nail will work, but use galvanized or plated if you have one so it does not rust.

Third tip -- if you use a tube which has a foil seal before the body of the caulk puncture it with a nail, ice pick or something because usually the tube seal will break at the back of the tube where it is being pushed Sbefore the foil seal breaks and then you have another mess you don't need.

(Apologies if these tips are obvious, but then so is the release on the back. I think the first time I used a tube of caulk i finally started cutting the tube out and then noticed the slide rod going up the the middle of caulk tube "found" the release and pulled the slide all the way back at which time the empty tube fell out -- fancy that! :-))

FACE

Reply to
FACE

Ah, you make us proud.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm a life member of the NCA!!

Reply to
C & E

Do you have a source for a trigger lock for one? I have small grandchildren running around and even though I know better I keep mine loaded.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

SNL did a skit on caulk last week. Sometimes you have to use your finger to force the caulk into the crack, etc.

Reply to
Don

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote: Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

Reply to
Ann Marie Pernai

Another dunce from HomeMoanersHub. Can't read, doesn't know she's reply to a 12 year old thread and also replying to a dead person.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

but at least she doesn't look like an idiot to her neighbor, just to usenet : )

Reply to
ChairMan

The neighbor figured that out long ago...

Reply to
rbowman

I don't where he is because he did several wrongs to vulnerable people...

Reply to
Tekkie?

replying to Stormin Mormon, Cookie wrote: well, it's almost 13 years later and don't know if this will get to you Stormin'... but, you cracked me up! Plus I got my empty tube out. Thanks!

Reply to
Cookie

replying to Duane Bozarth, Dana wrote: No release button help

Reply to
Dana