cats pissing on the patio

Page 1 of 3
what an ungody stink. short of catching the stray bugger how do i stop this. house smells like an amonia factory. i tried a baited cage to no avail. and i don't have a cat inside to bring the buggers around.
I went through this same kind of problem and researched and got all sorts of advice.
Are you sure you are doing the cage correctly? You have to put it in a place the cats will travel, have the proper size, give the proper bait, and be patient. Also, what are you going to do with the cat once you catch it? I assume you did what I did and got the cage from the local shelter and would send the cat there. Make sure your neighbors don't see you catching or transporting the cat. Cat owners who allow their cats to illegally go off their property generally don't like anything anti-cat and won't do anything even if you, say, put notes in their mailboxes.
My cage didn't catch all the cats. Mothball and other deterrents didn't work. I finally found my last resort worked: a BB gun. Just don't be too close to the cat, as actually injuring one could be illegal.

Its NOT illegal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Depends on where you live. It's illegal in my county. Here's the excerpt from my county code:
    Sec. 6-3. Animals at large.     (a) No person shall allow any animal to roam or stray or to     be off the keeper's premises unless it is at all times under     verbal control or physical restraint of a responsible person.
Unless of course you have the cat under verbal control.
- bl

I probably got lucky just once, but my cat set foot in my vegetable garden a few times and was treated to a quick shower with a cold hose. After that, it was as if there was an invisible fence around the plot. Even if I wasn't out there working, she'd walk around it, never through it. They *are* able to learn what's off limits, unlike dogs, which are as dumb as a bag of hammers. It might be possible to train the offending cat, even if it's not yours. I like the cayenne pepper idea.

*Some* dogs *are* as dumb as a bag of hammers. But if you think they *all* are, you've obviously never had a border collie or a golden retriever. :-)

If I had sheep, I might like a border collie. But, they are one of the most hyperactive creatures known to man, and without something to absorb that energy, they are a nuisance.
Actually, though, it's dog owners I have a problem with. Very odd mind set. What sort of sick individual takes a pet, on a leash, off their own property, stops to let it crap on someone else's property, and then acts indignant when told you clean it up?

True enough... We have a border collie + Australian shepherd crossbreed. Best of both worlds: fabulous with sheep, but calm. Sleeps most of the time when he isn't working.

Not sick, just selfish and thoughtless.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:15:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yes, and they should be forced to eat their dog's shit if they won't clean it up immediately after deposit.
KLS wrote:

I walk my dog off the leash and let her shit where she will. She's smart enough not to shit in my yard. And if somebody complains, I'll just let her eat them alive. She'll do it, too.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:07:56 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

huh?

He was uninjured. He landed on his head.
" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net" <uriah> wrote in wrote:

I don't know why people don't try paintball guns. Non-lethal,legal,and they mark the animal for identification. It's better if you can get the paintballs that are for cattle,the non-washable ones.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Not a bad idea. :-) We could also mark the dog-walkers who say anything except "Yes - right away" when instructed to pick up their dog's shit.
I swear by the sprinkler scarecrow: keeps the egret out of the pond and the cat has gotten terrified by it and now only CREEPS out by the pond till he is sure it is off. ;-)
http://store.yahoo.com/123ponds/scarecrow.html
--
____________________
Claudia

I thought about that,and you would get cited for assault or battery. I'd LOVE to do it,though. B-)
PS;those PBs STING like the dickens,can leave bruises. I recall reading about a kid who was killed by a PB shot to the head.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Free roaming animals in an urban setting usually have a very very short lifespan.
Steve
Open a can of tuna and crush rat poison or other poison in it. Or grind up some prescription drugs like blood thinners or others and mix. Poor kitty will take his piss somewhere else.

Set up one of the lawn sprinklers that spin and shoot out a stream of water. Play dumb when they complain. a-hahahahaha