Carrier Synergy 2000 - Is it obsolete?

Was planning on buying a Carrier Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP

One of the 38YDA models is a match for my indoor unit. Was told by a dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would have been last chance to get unit.

Anyone know if dealer is correct and if so, what happened to it?

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Bob Alan

Was told by a dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would have been last chance to get unit.

xxxx

Its true. That f****ng bush did it. Its part of the GOPs master plan to bring the working man down and keep him there. Fucking neocons.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

No, Democraps want to make the working man dependent on the government and hold him down by creating a helpless parasite.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

While it is true that the lower SEER for new installs are going away. The replacement of equipment was not on the chopping block as far as I know. The link you provided is for a 16 seer unit, YDA. Some how I can not believe that Carrier is stopping production of those, yet.

Try Carrier direct in the morning. Unless your in the biz some dealers are less than helpful.

Reply to
SQLit

Continue dissing George II, and you may end up with the 82 "detainees" BBC News says are on a hunger strike and being force-fed with nasal tubes while they are held at Guantanomo Bay indefinitely without benefit of lawyers nor knowledge of the charges against them, 80% of which are TOP SECRET.

Will somebody please give him a blow job so we can impeach him?

was voted the most popular sign at a recent DC peace march :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Bullshit.

Jan 1, 06, the new 13 SEER regulations go into effect, but you can buy whatever is left over, for as long as its left over.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Soros' father was named "George"? How much money did he lose by shorting the dollar and backing Gore and Kerry?

" and you may end up with the 82 "detainees" BBC

Oh, you mean Bush.

Ah, well I completely agree that those prisoners are not being treated as called for in the Geneva conventions.

They can be shot without standing trial, but they cannot be held without trial. Or held for trial. The only penalty for being illegal combatants is immediate death.

Reply to
Offbreed

Actually, the Geneva Conventions deliberately avoid dealing with sanctions on "illegal combatants" (spies, saboteurs, guerrillas, etc.). They define lawful combatants (openly bearing arms, distinctive uniforms, subject to a chain of command, and so forth) and what must be done when such are captured. The treatment of unlawful combatants is left to the discretion of the belligerents.

Reply to
HeyBub

Every couple of years Carrier changes the name of their systems. They had "Weathermaker" and "Silencer" series. Now they have "Performance" and uh, um, "Comfort" series.

The Synergy 2000 (and to think someone gets paid big money to come up with them) came out about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't even think they make them anymore (at least they aren't in my book).

If you are looking for a high SEER, 2 speed unit, go with the Infinity System (17 SEER in the heat pump).

If you are in Southern PG or Charles county, give me a call...

;-]

(Cropp has a pretty good reputation. Not putting them down)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change and a major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Every couple of years Carrier changes the name of their systems. They had "Weathermaker" and "Silencer" series. Now they have "Performance" and uh, um, "Comfort" series.

The Synergy 2000 (and to think someone gets paid big money to come up with them) came out about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't even think they make them anymore (at least they aren't in my book).

If you are looking for a high SEER, 2 speed unit, go with the Infinity System (17 SEER in the heat pump).

If you are in Southern PG or Charles county, give me a call...

;-]

(Cropp has a pretty good reputation. Not putting them down)

Reply to
Bob Alan

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Yea, another 5 years...or when one or the other sues the other one...LOL

Reply to
CBHVAC

Or a Japanese company buys them out and calls the line "Happy Dragon".....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Ahh...so you want the Happy Dragon to bring warmth and happy feelings to your living area. With new and improved color design, our unit bring much joy and ching shein to your happy home.

Reply to
CBHVAC

Ah so, Ahss hole! We give you #1 very cold air conditioner! You #1 yankee! We charge with cum of sum young prince. You pay bill! You like? Happy Dragon keep you warm in winter! This is year of the possum. Possum say keep warm with Happy Dragon. Cum Drop Soup very good. Crab Raccoon very good also. Ah so, ahss hole!

Wax on. Whacks Off.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Atta Boy, Chan!!!"

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Chan is a Chinese name. Pretty soon you'll have to go to Beijing for a factory tour.

Reply to
Bob

Hey! We all look the same to them.....

;-] .

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Ah, those round eyes..... all the same.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dr. Hardcrab posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.=20

How about the Hemorrhoid=AE line - for the pain in the asses?

--=20 My boss said I was dumb and apathetic. I said I don't know and I don't care...

Tekkie

Reply to
Tekkie®