Carpet over gypcrete

I have a second floor in a multifamily building with 1.5 inch of gypcrete over 3/4 OSB. Some parts will be carpeted. Should there be a vapor barrier or some type of priming over the gypcrete in order to install carpet over it?

Targus

Reply to
ds_lewis

No idea about code or current practice, but as a kid working on 3-high apartments like that, we never did. The gypcrete wasn't in contact with dirt, so once it was solid, no place to wick moisture from. I think the 'garden apartment' level, on slab, hade vapor barrier under the slab, IIRC.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers