Carpet over gypcrete

I have a second floor in a multifamily building with 1.5 inch of gypcrete over 3/4 OSB. Some parts will be carpeted. Should there be a vapor barrier or some type of priming over the gypcrete in order to install carpet over it?
Targus

apartments like that, we never did. The gypcrete wasn't in contact with dirt, so once it was solid, no place to wick moisture from. I think the 'garden apartment' level, on slab, hade vapor barrier under the slab, IIRC.
aem sends...