Carpet or laminate?

Hello,
We have a 1963 Clayton single-wide (16x76). We're thinking about ripping out the original carpet, and putting in either carpet or laminate.
Which one will hold up better in the long run? Just in case it matters, there are the 2 of us, 5 kids, both grandmas, 3 dogs, and 11 cats living here.
TIA!
Tony S. wrote:

In your circumstances I'd go with a good quality laminate , then use area rugs to help warm up the feet . It's not the kids or grannies , it's the pets . No matter how good your housekeeping there's going to be accidednts and dander . JMNSHO
--
Snag

7 people, 3 dogs, and 11 cats and 52 year old carpet????????? In a Redneck Bungalow???You should be able to pretty well sweep that carpet out by now!! I'd be puttlng in a solid vinyl - stands up well and easy to clean.
On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:

Sounds like a troll to me.

Naa.....they live under bridges, single wides<g>
On 1/16/2015 10:48 PM, Tony S. wrote:

That's a no brainer.