Capping? for Storm Doors

I just had storm doors installed. I was originally sold capping which I thought would be Aluminum covering the wood frame of the door then Storm door is mounted to that. Well, if that is capping I got had. I would appreciate if some one could clarify capping for me.

Thanks Very much folks Steve

Reply to
ESteveP

When we do capping on a door frame we usually wrap the whole door frame in aluminum. Some times the customer asks us just to do the outside trim. What did they do to your door?

Reply to
PAUL100

Capping with a storm door generally means covering only exposed to the weather wood. Cover the exterior brickmold first (with an L bend) than install the storm over the new capping. done. Most full frame caps, I have seen, are made of one piece bent from the door over the jamb and brickmold. These would need to be cut off before you can install the storm door, because the storm door mounts in the opening created by the inside edge of the brickmold (which would be 1/2" behind the capping). No need to cover the jambs since the new storm will protect them from the weather.

Reply to
calhoun