Can you paint an aluminum threshold?

We ordered some doors for our house. We specified dark bronze hinges and threshold. They arrived at the job and were installed before we were able to check them. They arrived with silver aluminum or stainless thresholds and brass hinges. I contacted the door mfg and they can send me the bronze hinges to subsitute. However, since they are installed, the thresholds can't be changed without removing the doors and trim. Can I paint the thresholds and, if so, what kind of paint will stick to the aluminum?
Most hardware and paint stores sell primers especially for galv. steel and aluminum. Just clean threshold with 409 or Fantastic, very lightly sand with 220 sandpaper or fine steel wool, wipe dry, and prime on a warm day, but out of the sun. Any exterior finish canned paint can be used to cover the primer. Or, you could mask off the primed area, then use a spray can of preferred color, as this is a tiny area to cover, and won't drip, since it is horizontal..

Many oil based (or epoxy based) paints are designed for painting metal surfaces, however, if it is a high traffic area the painted surface will not hold up as well as you would like. As long as your willing to repaint every so often, the paint solution could work.
pay when you are happy is good advise
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMjuno.com wrote:

As others have indicated, I would not try and paint them unless there was very little traffic through that doorway. You will be forever trying to keep it looking good.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but this is brand new material. You have to kill the slick shiny surface. oil primer is not always best -- ask a few paint stores for primers that really bond. i know Porter has a really good latex primer, so I'm sure others do. Porter even has a latex for painting directly to metal -- gotta say, it stuck like glue.