Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

Page 7 of 9
On Fri, 29 May 2015 20:53:19 -0600, "Pete C."

Your world is very different from mine. I was using medical oxygen that was just compressed air filtered for pollens and moisture. No liquid oxygen used, just regular air from the environment. I was surprised that was all the 'oxygen' tanks held.
On 5/31/2015 11:56 AM, Vandy Terre wrote:

That is not medical oxygen. Oxygen concentrators remove the nitrogen so you get more O2. That would be medical oxygen.
On point that has been missed talking about the differences between welding and medical oxygen. Medical has one important feature: A certification.

Actually two, an insurance company willing to pay for it.
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:39:38 AM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:

better and cheaper to get a oxygen accumulator, it somehow filter the nitro gen out of room air.....
and is pad for by insurance
On 6/1/2015 11:01 AM, bob haller wrote:

When you get an O2 concentrator, they also give you a couple of tanks for portability, also covered. The best is actually to have liquid oxygen and a fillable portable. This cost the supplier more and needs more maintenance and insurance pays the same. Typical fill on a liquid tank is 7 to 10 days.
A concentrator is electric so it does cost to operate. Liquid makes no noise .
Insurance will pay for tanks for portability, but will not pay if you call those same tanks as emergency backup for power failure.

That's great when you are at home. Out and about the little "puppy" tanks are almost a necessity.
On Friday, June 18, 2010 9:58:42 PM UTC-4, Some Guy wrote:

If there is a difference between welding oxygen and medical Oxygen, can anyone prove to me the difference, if it's just a tag, that is not proof, Talk is not proof, Just answer the question if you know for sure....

You think someone got answer, since the question was four years ago?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I used to work for a propane company and we delivered the K oxygen welding tanks to medical cust., they used a medical regulator and a medical humidifier. Of course that was in the early 60's.
On 4/9/2014 9:44 PM, JAS wrote:

Medical oxygen must be at leas 99%pure, no odor. It is also tagged with the lot so it can be traced. Often, it is from the same tanks as welding oxygen as ts long as they both meet the minimum requirements, that is OK to do.
In real life, I'd use welding oxygen if I was in need of it to breathe, but as a supplier to patients, I'd not give it to you unless it had the right tag. It keeps the lawyers away.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, I am not an expert on this matter. There are 4 types Oxygen, aviation, welding, medical, research. As far as I know welding Oxygen is purer than medical one, and stored pressure is higher.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:44:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I doubt it. If it doesn't seem to help the person's condition after 3 or 4 minutes, I'd stop, at least for a while.

I think much more effort is put into purity, but the impurities in welding oxygen wouldn't be so bad in an emergency.

On Friday, June 18, 2010 9:58:42 PM UTC-4, Some Guy (me) wrote:

basshammer5x4x3x2x @ gmail.com replied:

Um, did you notice that you're replying to a post that I made almost 4 years ago?
Do you think I still need to know the answer today?

So now I get to ask you a question.
Now that you've seen how stupid it makes you appear, why do you insist on experiencing usenet through the absolutely lame and broken google-groups interface?

Mansfield Ohio?
Or Cleveland?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps, but probably not the accurate one. The reality is that the purity standard for welding O2 is tighter than that for medical O2. Ultimately, except for the "analytical grade" all of them come from the exact same cryo tank of O2 at the filling station.
In wrote:

yet he wants to know how stupid it makes basshammer look, yet he's the stupid mofo that has to morph daily to avoid killfiles. Hey home boi, how stupid and *desperate* does that make you?<chuckle>
ChairMan wrote:

Chairman -
It's clear that homeguy is raising points and bring up facts and logic that you either won't or can't refute in a clear and rational way, and it seems to upset you.
I suggest you chill out and relax and just take it all in as our country, our economy and way of life disintigrates in front of our eyes.
On Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:01:08 AM UTC-4, DD_BobK wrote:

Homelessguy and facts, logic? Good grief, that does not compute.
He's a clueless troll with a serious penis envy directed at the USA. As nestork correctly pointed out, there are all kinds of real attrocities going on in the world today. North Korea, Central African Republic, Syria, Putin gobbling up the Ukraine. Yet all this dope drones on about in one OT post after another is the USA?

A friend uses "welding oxygen" to fill his breathing tanks for high altitude flying in his Harmon Rocket.
On 4/10/2014 12:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Hope he doesn't catch fire and explode. My guess, he'll be fine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

it just proves that you can't beat *stupid*