Can I buy these?

Page 1 of 2
When I junked my old car two weeks ago, I forgot to remove two parts when I removed the hitch.
The guy I sold the car to was going to part it and then sell it to the crusher, and he probably still has the car and the parts, but if I can just buy them, it would be easier.
They are the same: two quite thick washers, rectangular, almost 2" by 3/4", with a square hole in the middle, to accept the square shank of a large carriage bolt that holds the hitch to the bumper. The head of the bolt goes where it would be impossible to get a wrench.
What do I call such a thing if I'm trying to buy a couple, and do you think they are sold separately?
Thanks a lot.
(This is a class I hitch, attached to the car in four places. I have the hitch and 3 drawbars, and would like to be able to give or sell a complete hitch..)

Call a place that installs hitches. Uhaul comes to mind.
Hank
On 8/24/2011 11:40 AM, micky wrote: ...

Undoubtedly they were punched specifically for the size of (I presume) tube; it'll be unlikely you'll find them as a separate part unless the hitch vendor can supply them. If that is so, you'll probably think it's better to go retrieve them than pay the asking price I'd expect... :)
Of course, making one isn't any problem for any machine shop w/ a punch or a guy at home who's fairly adept w/ a torch (or, better yet, here's the excuse you've been waiting for for that plasma cutter :) ). Or, drill the hole of proper diameter and use a file to square out the corners is nothing but some time doing a repetitive piece of mindless work...
Oh, other thought...you likely can find a round washer w/ the hole for the carriage bolt (or a plow bolt) and then just grind two flats down to get the width on the outside.
If you're not going to reuse the hitch, I'd probably just let the new owner deal with it...
On 8/24/2011 10:35 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

Most DIY'ers don't have the punch...
On 8/25/2011 9:31 AM, Smitty Two wrote: ...

Doesn't mean anything to me....
On 8/25/2011 9:13 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

Not...
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:35:44 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

I can't. I'm too busy mixing spotted paint...
On 26/08/2011 11:09 a.m., Hachiroku wrote:

With that right-handed paint stirrer ??

Hachiroku wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortiser#Other_methods_of_cutting_mortises

Honestly, a friend of mine DID make a spotted paint. It held together during storage, and sprayed or brushed on. He thought he would make a bunch of money on it but never did.

Were the spots round?
On 8/26/2011 11:37 AM, micky wrote:

What? Nobody makes plaid paint?
(tip of the hat to the old Warner Brothers (I think) cartoon from the 40s, where they had a pseudo-science teacher going over the special abilities of various animals. they showed a chameleon happily changing to match various backgrounds, and then they shoved a swatch of plaid behind him, and he lost it. more hilarious to see than read about.)
--
aem sends...

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:11:52 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

What's worse, I remember that!

I saw that cartoon. It is a good one. They don't make cartoons like that anymore.
Plus, they use so few frames, one can notice that they are separate frames. I would think with computers to help them, they could go back to the number of fpm that Warner Bros. etc. used.
No, they were not.. The paint looked exactly the way those spatter painted trunk surfaces looked in that era.
On 8/26/2011 5:32 PM, hls wrote:

Not that it matters in this case, but watch your attributions, please. I did not write the above.
--
aem sends...

wrote in message >> Were the spots round?

Sorry about that.
On 8/26/2011 8:55 AM, hls wrote:

Auto trunk interiors have been or were painted with it for years. :-)
TDD
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:41:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I think Krylon used to sell it but I couldn't find it. They also sell "hammered" finish paint! :o

And "crackle" finish, though I haven't seen it for some time.