Buying new TV

Not true. The digital signal can have phase shift as long as it's not large compared to the bit interval.

Reply to
trader4

Good lord...........

Reply to
Ron

The bottom line is, a LOT of people buy monster cable because they think it's gonna make their stereo sound better, when in fact people can't tell the difference between coat hangers and MC.

Reply to
Ron

You aren't missing out on anything.

Reply to
Ron

I don't know if you're familiar with SO, SOW, SOOW cord types but I use them for low impedance speaker wire in commercial settings due to the ease of pulling during installation, durability and better resistance to damage. The cable is round with thick insulation.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hi, Of course it depends how the spec. is set. We follow IEEE standard.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Sony has 4 different quality level. Look at the model no. prefix letters.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Between 720p and 1080p there is a noticeable difference, but probably only if you are watching OTA TV in 1080i/p, have HD cable, are using the TV as a monitor, or are watching Blu-Ray discs. I have a 720p TV/monitor and a 1080p TV/monitor, and the 1080p one ended up on my desk because it is just so superior to the other one as a computer monitor, even though I like it better as a TV as well.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ends matter in that they make reliable connection. The performance of difference between connectors, at least up into the very high RF frequencies, isn't meaningful. Even TVs use crappy 'F' connectors without signal degradation.

For speakers, zip (lamp) cord works extremely well. AWG16 or better should be used for more than a couple of feet, but as you note, it's cheap. Termination is a matter of convenience, not signal integrity.

"Oxygen-free" is a scam. "Monster" anything is a scam. Buying cables from BustBuy is a scam. The only thing they make more money on than extended warranties is cables. $75 for a $3 cable isn't bad work, if you can get it.

Reply to
krw

They can have any phase shift you want, even larger than the bit interval (satellite TV has a almost an astronomical phase shift ;-). Phase *jitter* is another animal. Cables don't introduce phase jitter, though.

Reply to
krw

Hi, In this world there are full of scammers and scammed. They support each other. On RF at extreme low level signal like -100db or below range cable quality and connections matter and skin effect comes into play but on audio range? Cable TV signal is way TOO strong in most cases.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Certainly. A small amount of education would put them out of business.

-100db what? Decibels is a relative scale. Connectors don't matter until the frequency gets very high indeed. Skin effect of cables (not connectors) can matter, but not at audio frequencies in speaker cables.

Irrelevant and not true at all, by my experience.

Reply to
krw

Means I worked for the government too many years. Back before the real world had email, the government had something in-between e-mail and old-style telegrams. Had to have specific formats. Whoever wrote the words, even if some drone actually walked downstairs to the electro-mechanical terminal to send them, got to put their initials at the bottom as author. (so they could be praised or flagellated later as needed.)

I probably oughta to come up with a normal sig file, but after this many years, I'm kind of used to it.

Reply to
aemeijers

We'd all miss it too.

Reply to
krw

But true audiophiles *think* they can hear a significant difference. So they fall for all kinds of scams. Try crosposting this thread to an audiophile newsgroup (no - please don't).

Reply to
bud--

The correct term is "audiophool".

Reply to
krw

No, true audiophiles know better. It's the audiophile wannabes that buy the Monster Cable hype.

Reply to
salty

Cable techs install more attenuators to solve picture quality issues than amps. Overdriving the tuner IS a real issue

Reply to
clare

Well, duh! That's the way the system is designed (pads are a *lot* cheaper than amplifiers and once the signal is in the mud no amplifier can help it).

Once the system is installed the signal continually degrades as components age.

Reply to
krw

Well, was the last guy not correct saying the signal was too strong in most cases, and the guy saying irrellevent and not true wrong?

Reply to
clare