Buying new TV

Page 3 of 4

On Fri, 21 May 2010 21:56:54 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

That is a bit incomplete. Although the claims of premium cable companies such as Monster are mostly fairy tails, lamp cord in many applications would be too small a gauge to carry the signal properly, especially as the length of the run increases. I would agree that any generic wire of the same size would be fine. Monster tends to be in larger gauges than lamp cord. Size (and good connections) is what matters most. Advertising and marketing hype... not so much.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 22, 7:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

The bottom line is, a LOT of people buy monster cable because they think it's gonna make their stereo sound better, when in fact people can't tell the difference between coat hangers and MC.
Add pictures here
✖
Ron wrote:

But true audiophiles *think* they can hear a significant difference. So they fall for all kinds of scams. Try crosposting this thread to an audiophile newsgroup (no - please don't).
Add pictures here
✖

The correct term is "audiophool".
Add pictures here
✖

No, true audiophiles know better. It's the audiophile wannabes that buy the Monster Cable hype.
Add pictures here
✖

Hmm, Really? digital bits should have no phase jitters to maintain signal quality. Any how, how many people in the world can hear/see the difference if we believe Monster's claim. There are better things to spend my hard earned money on. All HDMI cables I use is from eBay sellers in H.K. None of them gave me any sign of trouble. Maybe my eyes and ears are inferior to detect the poor quality cable. I am an advanced amateur musician all my life. I have pretty good set of ears, LOL!
Add pictures here
✖

Not true. The digital signal can have phase shift as long as it's not large compared to the bit interval.

Add pictures here
✖

Hi, Of course it depends how the spec. is set. We follow IEEE standard.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 22 May 2010 07:03:40 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

They can have any phase shift you want, even larger than the bit interval (satellite TV has a almost an astronomical phase shift ;-). Phase *jitter* is another animal. Cables don't introduce phase jitter, though.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 20 May 2010 23:12:55 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Monster also sells audio cables with SIGNAL DIRECTION arrows printed on them to make sure you install them in the right direction!
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Spend 500% more on a cable to get 0.000001% improvement in signal quality. What's that old saying about a fool and his money?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 21 May 2010 09:22:07 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Obviously the folks at Monster are no fools! LOL
Add pictures here
✖
On May 21, 7:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Yes; wouldn't want to get 'highs' confused with 'lows'! {:-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 21 May 2010 20:19:15 -0700 (PDT), terry

I'm almost surprised they don't specify left or right channel.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 22 May 2010 07:54:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Or special cables for different kinds of audio material (opera, etc...).
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/38879u7
Add pictures here
✖

That pretty much covers it!
Add pictures here
✖
wrote

Oh, that is great.
Add pictures here
✖

Good lord...........
Add pictures here
✖

I sprung for the Samsung 48" 1080P a couple of years ago. I have directTV but don't buy the HD package but the picture is still awesome.
David
Add pictures here
✖