Buying new TV

Yes, he is not correct. Most installations are decaying. Signals don't get stronger.

Reply to
krw

You say:

"Well, duh! That's the way the system is designed (pads are a *lot* cheaper than amplifiers and once the signal is in the mud no amplifier can help it",

and yet you say we are wrong saying too strong a signal is more common than too weak

Methinks you just want to be argumentative

Reply to
clare

I'll try to go more slowly for you this time...

Theoretically the system once worked. As the system ages the signal level

*drops* as cables and whatnot become lossy.

Meknows you can't read, or think.

Reply to
krw

I've never had a problem with a cable signal being too strong. Just the opposite. In the last 3 homes that I've lived in the signal was too weak once it was split inside the home to multiple TVs (3 or more).

Amps installed every time.

Reply to
Ron

No, if the cable company repairs the lines outside or replaces part of their "plant" the signal can become too strong. The itty bit of cable inside the average residence is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Then too, if you go to digital cable they replace ALL the cable inside with 100% sheilded cable too. I've personally had it happen several times. Have the attenuators to prove it. First time was with the standard cable in my own home. Second and third times at office. Last time with the new sheilded cable at home.

Reply to
clare

Or special cables for different kinds of audio material (opera, etc...).

Reply to
Jim E