Buying a kitchen sink faucet in Chicago?

Page 2 of 3

The trick to posting long links in usenet or in an email is to put a < at the beginning and a > at the end. That prevents the link from wrapping, which is what breaks them.
CWM

get the fuck out of here, I had no clue!

Pretty cool, huh? :^)
CWM
kenji wrote:

They have the Internet on computers now, too...
trent

nice timely reply
Kk wrote:

What's the standard reply time?
trent

"brie-dripping bastardization of our brainwork"
http://www.fourmilab.ch/autofile/www/section2_37_1.html
trent wrote:

11:36 AM local time.
--
"A man\'s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and
woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
clifto wrote:

Oh- duh. My clock was set to daylight reply time.
trent

Typical alcoholic excuse ...
Tushar Samant wrote:

Oh, damn- that's right. I could be drinking. TYFT!
trent

This is a major peeve of mine also. The new shower faucets (from most all manufacturers) are a single control design that go from off to on through cold, then add hot as you continue to rotate the handle. Think turning a bolt.
There is no way to a) set a prefered temp and then adjust the volume or b) reduce the volume for anything other that full cold.
It seriously sucks.

Probably the result of a litigious society in which morons control the market because they're unable to figure how to adjust water temperature. I see a market here.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Which is why I KNOW they still make them- normal people still want them.
Maybe they make you sign a waiver at the store now...
trent
: :>> wrote: :>> :>> > Store: I know about Home Depot, but are there any local unknown (to me) :>> > gems that would be better? :>> :>> Two gems: :>> :>> Gerber on Milwaukee Ave., Remodelers Supply on Pulaski around :>> Addison/belmont :> :> Here's a question- can you still get a shower-handle that does volume :> AND temp? All the Home-Despot stuff (Moen, AmSt) does not- according to :> my wife. She, and the builder both bought the same model of Moen that :> does ONLY temp; this is not good when putting Trent Jr. in the tub. :> :> trent
: What do you mean "does only temp"? Are you saying that in terms of the : amount of water coming out, the handle gives you either off, or full force, : with nothing in between? If this is the case, I think it's time to call : Moen. Something sounds wrong. I can't believe anyone would design such a : thing.
Well, if your using the shower, you can get one of those shower cut off switches... mine doesn't just turn off/on, but can be used to slow down the flow (my faucet also does volumn, but I usually just turn it down at the head for shampooing).
--
John Nelson

I had one of those. When I slowed down the flow, the temp changed drastically. Lousy design, I guess.
[...]
Hmmmm... your saying yours only filtered out the hot water?
--
John Nelson

No - the water got hotter. Not pure hot, but enough to make me pay attention and wonder what its next trick might me.
trent wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing. I remember I used to have the kind where it turns to adjust temperature, and you pull out - push in for on/off and volume. But when I went to get a new one for a remodel, it seemed that all the pressure-balancing ones had temp control only. Similar teardrop-shaped handle, but it only turns, does not push in-out. I'm wondering if the pressure-balancing feature (that keeps the temp constant when someone flushes a toilet or starts the washing machine while you're showering) is incompatible with flow control somehow. -- H

make him take a shower like a big boy
baths are for fucking around like it's a pool