Burned Out Light Bulbs

Page 3 of 3

This is Turtle.
Let me give you some electric data and then you will tell me what your problem is.
All light bulbs now days are rated to be used with 120 volt electric service. Most all electric service voltage supplied to homes now a days runs between 120 volts to 125 volts. So you are running a light bulb rated to run on 120 volts and suppling 124 volts service to it and I call this over powering the rated 120 volt light bulb with 124 volt electric service .
Now tell me why the bulbs are burning out so fast.
Now here is a little hint here. Just get light bulbs rated for 130 volts and light bulbs will go back to running a year and not days. Now there is another word for this 130 volt rated light bulb and it is called Ruff Service light bulbs. You can find some brands of light bulbs that are rated for 130 volts but you will pay 3 times as much for them because they are well made and don't burn out so fast. All light bulbs have the rating stamped on the top of the bulb for you to see.
TURTLE
Strange comments, coming from the dimmest bulb in the universe.

This is Turtle.
OOOOOO I must have step on your Troll Blanket sometime. Sorry about that !
TURTLE