Builder specified Marvin windows >opinions?

Our builder specified Marvin windows for our new house. I haven't had any dealings with this brand, so I'm curious about your experiences.
The climate they'll be installed in is southern ohio.
Thanks in advance
Good windows, one of the best. Consumer Reports tested apx 20+ models years ago the article is worth finding.
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:15:07 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Just curious, did they rate Coradco windows? In the mid 70's, a carpenter and I had a conversation and he said he thought they were as good as Pella or Andersen but considerable less expensive. From this conversation, I got the impression they were like the new kid on the block and now I don't even know if they exist or how they compare in quality or price to Andersen or Pella.

Here in Central KY they are used in the same class of home as Pella. They may outsell Anderson here. If you are using crank windows and want inside mount blinds spec their folding handle. It really works as advertised.
Marvin windows are cheap pieces of shit that won't last long.
Use Colbe Co windows if you want the best.

Our architect recommended Kolbe & Kolbe windows. We bought the aluminum clad variety. The are nice, well built, high end windows. When we bought them, 5 years ago, they were significantly cheaper than Anderson. These windows have performed wonderfully for us. Definitely a good product.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:29:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cinci.rr.com wrote:

The difference between Marvin and many of the others is Marvin will custom make your windows to your exact sizes. Anderson only sells windows in stock sizes. This isn't usually an issue with new houses, but is a big issue when buying replacement windows for an old house.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.