Brushed aluminum edge banding for IKEA kitchen cabinets.

I hope that someone out there can help me with this one. I purchased some kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they are the glossy red Abstrakt with a brushed aluminum edge banding on them. I have to modify one of the cabinets and cut down a door and I am having trouble finding some edge banding that is at least "close enough" to the original. IKEA is no help and will not let me know who their supplier is to order the stuff so I look to all of you out there. I have searched online and can only find brushed brass and polished chrome and nothing in a brushed aluminum or brushed stainless steel. I really don't want to remove all the edging on all the doors and drawers and start from scratch but it looks more and more like the only option.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Bruce
Call around to some metal shops in your area. You're bound to find someone who can make what you need, and probably come up with a nice match.

The problem is that it is a faux aluminum, it's some sort of plastic that is attached to the sides. I think that if I put real aluminum or steel on it that I will not match the original very well.

Might be a good idea to post this in rec.woodworking, where you're likely to find lots of people who build cabinets.

I would check some of the laminate manufacturers, Wilsonart or Formica, both of whom make a variety of metal-looking laminates such as you describe. You can get samples at any HD.
-chib
Try this out, It might pay off...........he Body molding for cars is available in rolls. Almost any color available too. Many widths and shapes..............
You could contact a local body shop , they'd at least point you toward a supplier, or maybe they'll work with you to get some.
This is only a test.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB