Bright nails instead of galvanized on siding

Hi all,
I just shot some brights into Hardiplank siding (I was out of galvanized for my gun and couldn't find any in time).
How long do you think it will take to see the rust streaks?
Thanks, Budman
Budman wrote:

What's the difference? 2 months or 2 years, they're going to show. You blew it.
Budman wrote:

About 15 minutes after the rain quits... :)
Budman wrote:

Seal each nail head well before painting will delay it. If you were planning on stain, forget it.
Harry K
should use stainless steel nails

Budman wrote:

Has it rained yet?
--
dadiOH
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

In alt.home.repair on 26 Jul 2005 12:26:37 -0700 "Budman"

Don't feel too bad. My next door neighbor bought a fence, pieces assembled at the fence company, and they didn't use galvanized either. I don't know if he complained or not, but the fence is still there.
OTOH, the fence company is out of business.