brick with holes - filler

I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier.

what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes of each brick. I'd like to keep out the dirt, weeds and insects that fill up some of the holes.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Hi, If you lay the bricks down with holes vertical. I think you can use patio block gap filling specially treated sand. They are treated and it acts like epoxy, as well as week killer(choking them out).

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If you live somewhere that has tile roofs you can go to a yard that sells the tiles and get a small bag of red roof tile mortar that will match the brick fairly well. You can trowel it in with a 4" drywall knife and strike it off flat. A quick wipe with a wet grout sponge would get all the excess off, depending on how pretty you need it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Great Stuff?

Give the holes a squirt and, later, trim it off.

Reply to
HeyBub

Normally bricks are laid on their backs with their face facing up when capping a wall, this way the holes are covered by the neighboring brick.

Reply to
EXT

That'd take a Whole Lotta Brick, for a border around a garden. I put this in the 'life is too short' category- OP should splurge and go buy some proper edging bricks for his garden. The money and time to fill all those holes will be a lot more than he thinks. Wash and stack the extra house brick in a corner of garage or basement or shed- never know when it will come in handy to repair or alter a wall.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers