Brainstorm!

My brainstorms scare people, but they sometimes work. Whilst removing wallpaper and mildewy paste from bathroom, I was pondering how to scrub the wall behind the toilet. A wallpaper seam was loose and the wall back there got really dirty. Stripped off top layer of wallpaper, sprayed the remaining paper with water, waited, scraped, scrubbed. Just got to the towel rod and was wiping it down when the darn thing fell off. I muttered at the lead anchors that don't hold in wallboard, then got down and grabbed the towel rod. Voila! Wrap the rag around the towel rod, hang onto each end, and run it up and down behind the toilet tank. Works like a charm. Now I'm pondering how to paint back there .. I think a piece of terry cloth from an old towel and a dowel would make a suitable paint roller. Maybe. :o)

Pulling the toilet is really not all that difficult.
rusty redcloud
Red Cloud wrote:

Even easier is a roller called a "Long John". available at H-D, OSH, probably True Value and Ace Hardware as well. Handle is about 2 ft. long, and uses a roller cover that is about 1 1/2 inch diameter. Easily goes behind a tank without removing it.
inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don\'t know

It's more than a brainstorm. It's an epiphany!
You might want to consider using that towel rod to apply some stain kilz on the wallboard behind the terlit if the wall paper was lifting off

To whom, and what are you talking about?
G Henslee wrote:

Me. About the toilet.

Have you considered auditioning for the TV show "LOST" ? A mind is a terrible thing to lose..

Ahhhh.....I knew there was a way to get daddy to buy me new towel rods. Thanks a bunch! :o) He just bought me some Kilz :o)