Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits

I bought a set of Bosch Daredevil spade bits. Unlike the spade bits I've been using for many years, they have a threaded starter point in the middle instead of just a flat triangular piece.
http://www.bobvila.com/articles/18297-top-tools-2012-bosch-13-piece-daredevil-spade-bit-set/#.VOH7TWso75o
I've tried using them a few times on 2X4's and other soft wood but the threaded center point goes into the wood faster than the spade bit edge can cut the hole and it binds up.
Does anyone know the trick to use these successfully?
Paul
Pavel314 wrote:

What sort of drill motor are you using? The bits are designed to cut fast and you need enough power to bull it through.
rbowman wrote:

+1. My drill does not have problem. Never binds.

*I have been using those bits for several years and never had a problem. I tend to pull my drill back a few times when drilling to clean out the hole as I go along. I usually use my Porter Cable battery powered pistol drill/hammer drill with these bits.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
On 2/16/2015 9:15 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

a problem. I do notice the threaded tip "pulling" the bit into the word but I don't have a problem controlling the plunge.