Bookcase help needed

My wife's bookcase -- It appears to be "Barrister Style" has unusual (to me) inside dimensions. 7 1/2" deep (11 1/4" tall each shelf I can live with). Unfortunately the original finish was really dark, circa 1980? and that finish no longer goes well with the main living area (per my wife) - She won't sell the bookcase, but papers won't fit in there in standard binders. Does anyone sell anything to help my storage problem?
Sounds like the book cases have been exiled to the back room and you want to find a way to store binders on the shallow shelves - or make it deeper. Can the back be reworked? TB
1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:

Huh? Are you looking to make the too-dark bookcase a different color or are you looking for a way to store papers and/or binders in it or is it some combination?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]