Bookcase help needed

Sounds like the book cases have been exiled to the back room and you want to find a way to store binders on the shallow shelves - or make it deeper. Can the back be reworked? TB

Reply to
tbasc

Huh? Are you looking to make the too-dark bookcase a different color or are you looking for a way to store papers and/or binders in it or is it some combination?

Reply to
John McGaw

My wife's bookcase -- It appears to be "Barrister Style" has unusual (to me) inside dimensions. 7 1/2" deep (11 1/4" tall each shelf I can live with). Unfortunately the original finish was really dark, circa 1980? and that finish no longer goes well with the main living area (per my wife) - She won't sell the bookcase, but papers won't fit in there in standard binders. Does anyone sell anything to help my storage problem?

Reply to
1_Patriotic_Guy

Is problem that the 11 1/4" height is too short for binders? Consider offerings of a company like

look at storage boxes. Consider clips like those here:
Also possible are various edge binding methods- velobind, spiral bind, comb bind.

A half-hour at an office supply store might solve the problem.

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:

Reply to
Bennett Price