Boiler help

Page 3 of 3
On 9/26/2013 10:41 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I recall a story about a homeowner who had the old oil tank removed from their basement when switching to a natural gas boiler. The filler for the old tank was still outside and you guessed it, an oil supply truck driver hooked up to the tankless filler and quite a few gallons were dumped into the home's basement. It would be common sense to block or remove the filler to any old oil tank to keep such a mistake from happening. ^_^
TDD
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:29:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas

That's code in most areas where this sort of thing is common. The gas company will demand it.

Reading further on this topic. Filling the tank with expanding foam will be much lighter than concrete.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 9/26/2013 6:49 PM, willshak wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:24:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon

A cow-orker had a pool do that. He emptied it to scrub rust stains (hair pins) off the bottom. He didn't get finished until late at night and didn't want ground water backing up unto it so closed the drain. In the morning the whole boat was 4' out of the ground. He forgot about the tide. Oops.
On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:43:17 AM UTC-4, ChloeP wrote:

In houston I'd keep using it until it really needed replacing. You just don't have all that much of a heating season. At that point I'd go with a heat pump.