Blower and Ac Compressor won't stop running

This is a 3 year old home. Tempstar furnace and ac unit with a White Rogers thermostat. Last night we noticed the unit blowing cold air. I found the Ac running.The gas is cycling when the house temp falls below the set limit. I pulled the breaker on the Ac to stop the compressor. The blower still runs constantly with the gas cycling as required. Any suggestions on additional trouble shooting. I'd like to narrow it down either to the thermostat or the main unit.
i searched google groups, maybe warranty coverage, see: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.hvac/browse_thread/thread/e0de0f5384a647de/4324311297c49db6?lnk=st&q=Tempstar+furnace+and+ac+unit&rnum=2#4324311297c49db6
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

The outside condenser blower or the inside furnace blower. If the condenser blower motor is grounded it can run at a low speed constantly.
Many things can cause the indoor blower to run constantly, --depends on the furnace and the various blower control components. Is the RM TH fan switch in the off position? - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCT SIZING ESSENTIAL for EFFICIENCY & BTUH PERFORMANCE
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Yup, that would pretty much narrow it down. Change the thermostat. Its almost always the thermostat. If that doesnt work, come back. We can narrow it down further then. Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Disconnect the wires to the thermostat at the furnace (remembering where each went), turn the breaker back on, and see if it's still running.
If not, it's either the thermostat or the wires to the thermostat.
If it is, then it's something internal to either the main unit or the compressor (my guess would be the relay on the compressor is frozen).
Be careful.
I doubt if the problem is in the outside unit, because the inside blower keeps running, unless the thermostat fan setting is on.
Bob wrote:

Good point. I missed that. :-)