black & decker blender turns itself on!?

It's just a couple/few months old, the kind where all the buttons are under a seal so no liquid can get down in them. There's no jar thingy on it right now, but it's been spinning itself up every so often, just starting this afternoon. Like someone was hitting the 'pulse' button. At first I thought the kids were messing around with it. After I ruled that out I thought maybe it might've been stuck between settings or something, so I went through all the buttons hitting 'off' after each one. But then a few minutes later, it then started revving --3 short bursts, then shut itself off again. Needless to it's now unplugged. I could just see someone forgetting to unplug the thing & then remove the lid only to have a blast of smoothie suddenly shoot up in their face. :-o
My a/c has been dead for 2 days, could that be affecting it? Not really that hot here today though, 87F and 55% humidity. I'm actually more worried about what it's doing to my pc, but this blender thing is just weird.

I'd contact the manufacturer and talk to them. This could be a real safety hazard. I'd bet they'll want to see it.
Bob

At a few months old it is still under warranty. Contact B & D as it is a dangerous problem.
But no, the heat should not have any affect at all for another 80 degrees or so.

Don't they have dirt pits where you are where people bring appliances and shoot them up?
This would be a fine specimen to wing around overhed by the cord and let fly in the air for a bud with a shotgun. Redneck skeet shootin' it is.

I used to date a woman that turned herself on :)
Since it's a B&D, nothing surprises me. I did not even know that B&D made blenders, but if it's anything like their latest tools, it's junk. B&D used to make fairly decent low end tools, but the stuff they've made in the last 5 to 10 years is complete garbage.
As for the cause, there is probably a defect in a switch, and if it's arcing, it could be a fire hazzard.
I'd just take it back and get a refund to use to buy another brand.