Birdshit problem.

Page 2 of 2

I worked at Carowings Gastonia when you worked at Rock Hill
Chuck wrote:

I do indeed. As far as I know, Tom is still alive and possibly still married to Donnie Samuels (maiden name).

Ah, so desca. I'll be damned. Well, I'm back flying again after a 15 year layoff. And I still work in Rock Hill... just not for the FBO anymore. Went to nursing school in 1990 so I found steady employment... much better than flying commercially ever was for me. Now it's just flying for *me*.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:30:35 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

No... While Tom was at simulator recurrent training in FL, had fatal heart attach in his sleep... sounds a lot like OSA.. He fit the outward typical appearance.. (I love my CPAP!)

I know what ya' mean... I've been lucky DC-3's and Beech 18 from clt for 3.5 years, then for past 9 years Lear jets and MU-2's... Great pay but you never know when the job will end.. it being for Federal reserve.. canceled checks.. boss says don't worry.. we'll do something when it ends..
Chuck wrote:

Like I said before, I'll be damned. When did this happen? Was he still married when it did?

The DC-3 and Beech 18 from Saber? I flew for them in the last flying job I had, only I was flying C-402s. I did the ground school for the DC-3, but the company suffered one of its many bankruptcies before I got a chance to actually fly it.
The job before I was flying the friendly skies filled with cancelled checks for Warren Wheeler... Lances and Apaches.
I'm a weekender in my current position: just work Saturdays and Sundays... 12 hour shifts each day. Then Monday through Friday it's playtime. Life is very good. Unfortunately, today is Sunday.... I have to go off to stick needles in people's asses. My day isn't complete until I get to jab somebody with something sharp.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:15:09 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Yeah.. he was still married to Donnie

Yep.. Saber... during the "good" times thank goodness.. From 92 till late 95... No bankruptcies while I was there.. but they had TWO last year! One of the 3's is now part of the CLT airport museum N12907..
Was the 402.. N402NA by chance? If so.. one of their guys ran both engines dry (still had fuel on board) and bellied it into the desert in west Texas.. walked away from it..

Chuck wrote:

I was at Saber in 1990. And yes, it was N402NA. I've run both tanks dry myself one night coming back from Cleveland. I fell asleep while I was running on the aux tanks over the mountains. I woke up when the right engine quit. Before I could switch tanks, the left engine quit as well. I remember thinking at the time how accurately I must have set the mixture. Both restarted pretty quick after they had fuel again. I of course immediately told God I'd never fall asleep again while flying and broke my promise about 20 minutes later. Fortunately, He has a sense of humor.
Was Richie Lengal still there when you were with Saber? I've found a book about being a professional pilot written by a Richie Lengal and assume it's the same guy.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:11:06 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Yep, that's "THE" Richie Lengal... Some of the DC-3 stuff in there is mine! Anytime he would be flying,, he would go to the back and go to bed or work on writing his book. He's supposedly working on something new now..
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:11:06 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

This is it..
http://www.aviation-press.com /
Zen,
If the tree is yours and the birds are not an endangered specie then perhaps you can paint the branches with bird lime.
Dave M.
You are lucky to have birds in your urban area.

Not a good way to deal with it or endear one to the neighbors. Those ball bearings gotta come down somewhere. Not a good idea. (snip)
Wrist rocket and gumdrops. Pain is a powerful teacher, and they will lose energy fast enough to do no harm coming down.-Jitney
What species of bird are the little poopers?
If they're on the small side, they might be dissuaded with fake barn-owls or some other variety they'd recognize locally. Very few birds will comfortably perch under the gaze of what seems to be a red-tailed hawk, or pick an accipiter compatible with your area, that you can find a suitable facsimile of. Bigger is better.
Your local Audubon folks can likely provide useful info, long as they don't see the wrist-rocket.
HTH, J