Birdshit problem.

Them too, though I haven't graced the halls of the divers recently. I need to work on my people skills; I'm starting to get a complex.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

No Jay.. I wouldn't say toooo complex!

Reply to
Chuck

So who you be? Do I know you? Would you be the insane man who lives next door?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ok.. give ya' several clues

You remember the names.. Rick Springer.. & Tom Daughtry (spellcheck)?

Reply to
Chuck

I worked at Carowings Gastonia when you worked at Rock Hill

Reply to
Chuck

I do indeed. As far as I know, Tom is still alive and possibly still married to Donnie Samuels (maiden name).

Ah, so desca. I'll be damned. Well, I'm back flying again after a 15 year layoff. And I still work in Rock Hill... just not for the FBO anymore. Went to nursing school in 1990 so I found steady employment... much better than flying commercially ever was for me. Now it's just flying for *me*.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

No... While Tom was at simulator recurrent training in FL, had fatal heart attach in his sleep... sounds a lot like OSA.. He fit the outward typical appearance.. (I love my CPAP!)

I know what ya' mean... I've been lucky DC-3's and Beech 18 from clt for 3.5 years, then for past 9 years Lear jets and MU-2's... Great pay but you never know when the job will end.. it being for Federal reserve.. canceled checks.. boss says don't worry.. we'll do something when it ends..

Reply to
Chuck

Like I said before, I'll be damned. When did this happen? Was he still married when it did?

The DC-3 and Beech 18 from Saber? I flew for them in the last flying job I had, only I was flying C-402s. I did the ground school for the DC-3, but the company suffered one of its many bankruptcies before I got a chance to actually fly it.

The job before I was flying the friendly skies filled with cancelled checks for Warren Wheeler... Lances and Apaches.

I'm a weekender in my current position: just work Saturdays and Sundays... 12 hour shifts each day. Then Monday through Friday it's playtime. Life is very good. Unfortunately, today is Sunday.... I have to go off to stick needles in people's asses. My day isn't complete until I get to jab somebody with something sharp.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yeah.. he was still married to Donnie

Yep.. Saber... during the "good" times thank goodness.. From 92 till late 95... No bankruptcies while I was there.. but they had TWO last year! One of the 3's is now part of the CLT airport museum N12907..

Was the 402.. N402NA by chance? If so.. one of their guys ran both engines dry (still had fuel on board) and bellied it into the desert in west Texas.. walked away from it..

Reply to
Chuck

I was at Saber in 1990. And yes, it was N402NA. I've run both tanks dry myself one night coming back from Cleveland. I fell asleep while I was running on the aux tanks over the mountains. I woke up when the right engine quit. Before I could switch tanks, the left engine quit as well. I remember thinking at the time how accurately I must have set the mixture. Both restarted pretty quick after they had fuel again. I of course immediately told God I'd never fall asleep again while flying and broke my promise about 20 minutes later. Fortunately, He has a sense of humor.

Was Richie Lengal still there when you were with Saber? I've found a book about being a professional pilot written by a Richie Lengal and assume it's the same guy.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yep, that's "THE" Richie Lengal... Some of the DC-3 stuff in there is mine! Anytime he would be flying,, he would go to the back and go to bed or work on writing his book. He's supposedly working on something new now..

Reply to
Chuck

This is it..

Chuck