Birdshit problem.

If there are no other places to park, get a car cover.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

one of them bird actuated sprinklers. You will have to park your car somewhere long enough to get them trained ............

OR

My favorite .............. Fi-Shock (find the basic unit on Google) Good for wandering dogs and cats, too.

Take a pvc pipe. Spiral two wires around it, and tape it every foot or so that the wires do not move. Leave about half an inch gap between the wires. Hook it up to the Fi-Shock.

Any bird landing on the PVC and touching the wires will not return in its lifetime. The other birds will flee upon hearing the distress call of the shocked bird. Be sure to put it where they frequent, and maybe even put a little feeder or suet stick there.

The PVC can be painted brown, and look very inconspicuous with brown coated phone wires going to it.

I love and respect animals. But when they start s*****ng on my car, it's war.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Being urban you probably can't use one of those "cannons" which make a lound report, the kind they have at airports. :-) So....

Assuming you can't easily park your car elsewhere, and don't want to cut down a nice tree:

Try fake owls, or....

Get a tree climbing cat?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

In my state, that constitutes a firearm.

Not a good way to deal with it or endear one to the neighbors. Those ball bearings gotta come down somewhere. Not a good idea.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Any ideas on best way to get rid of birds who love to sit in my live oak and shit all over my car? I'm in an urban area so no shooting at em. Thanks.

Reply to
Zen Cohen

Chainsaw

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Wrist rocket and ball bearings.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Zen,

If the tree is yours and the birds are not an endangered specie then perhaps you can paint the branches with bird lime.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Not a good way to deal with it or endear one to the neighbors. Those ball bearings gotta come down somewhere. Not a good idea. (snip)

Wrist rocket and gumdrops. Pain is a powerful teacher, and they will lose energy fast enough to do no harm coming down.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

Reply to
someone

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in news:i%%Xe.46803$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

When you miss,the bearing goes somewhere that it might cause damage to others,no different than any firearm round.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You probably already realized that anyone who would suggest such an idea is not thinking clearly.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

What species of bird are the little poopers?

If they're on the small side, they might be dissuaded with fake barn-owls or some other variety they'd recognize locally. Very few birds will comfortably perch under the gaze of what seems to be a red-tailed hawk, or pick an accipiter compatible with your area, that you can find a suitable facsimile of. Bigger is better.

Your local Audubon folks can likely provide useful info, long as they don't see the wrist-rocket.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

Bird blunts and a hand bow. Water cannon. Tesla coil. Big fishnets. Giant flypaper.

Reply to
Goedjn

Miss?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in news:vncYe.47084$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Yes,I'm sure you are not any Adolph Topperwein of slingshots.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Jim Yanik did NOT write the above. Bad attributing,sir.

Bird-B-Gone?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"SteveB" wrote in news:9OfYe.81485$DW1.61476@fed1read06:

It scares me that he's allegedly a Registered Nurse.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

You guys are rank amateurs. You ought to hear what they say about me in the nursing newsgroups.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Or the flying and scuba diving newsgroups! Chuck

Reply to
Chuck