BEWARE ZILLER ELECTRIC!!

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for the tips fellas, I didn't know that signing for a package meant anything more than you recieved it.
I'll be sure to check anything I sign for for damage. Who cares if it puts the delivery guy out a bit...it'll put him out a lot more later when he has to come pick it up as part of a concealed damage issue.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't -- lesson is READ WHAT YOU'RE SIGNING.
--
Regards,
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:08:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

And know when not to sign to sign and have to company take the items back.
We went to put in some 25 interior doors. At first site, I ask what happened? "They fell off the fork lift". "Who signed?" was my next question.
The company did make good on the damaged doors for the customer, but it still caused a night-mare.
-- Oren
Doug Miller wrote:

Amen to the latter, but virtually always a motor freight delivery form states "received in good condition" or similar so unless you make notations to the contrary.
Nate wrote:

THE GOLDEN RULE
If you haven't inspected a package write *uninspected* by your name when signing for it.
Graham
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 00:06:13 +0000, Eeyore

Date it 2020 (on the signature), while you are at it. Mail your bills in with a lacking signature and a wrong zip code for the addressee Somebody will figure it out. -- Oren
I was burned by SC Solar from South Carolina on a similiar issue. They sold me insurance (phoney) on the product also and the shipping carrier does not offer insurance as an option. Then I was convinced to ship the damaged panel back for credit and the owner then sold all his stock to another owner and won't talk about it. Now I am out the cost of returning it and the cost of the panel, not to mention the taxes coming into Canada. I have no proof of returning it for the tax credit either.
Yup SC Solar ripped me off for a broken solar panel. For all I know it was shipped that way.
Big lesson, open the packages, if necessary and mark it on the paperwork, at the point of first touching it.

It was your responsibility to check for damage upon delivery. You apparently did not do that.

Hello All,
My name is Kelly Myers, and I am the person who spoke with "Nate" on the telephone yesterday. We are a very customer friendly company, and most of our sales are from word of mouth advertising.
Sometimes, damage occurs from freight, or damage can occur from sitting in your yard. That is why I tried to explain to you on the phone (before you hung up on me) that we would have to have an independant adjustor come out and see if it was freight damage. If you still want me to arrange that, I would be more then happy to, and please feel free to call.
Just like I explained to you on the phone, I would be more then happy to do all of that, including filing a claim, except it might take a couple weeks, and it didn't fit your immediate needs. On all of our BOL (bill of ladings) we type out that you must inspect before delivery, and we also attach GIANT green stickers stating to PLEASE inspect prior to signing. Once you sign that bill, it is releasing the carrier of liability.
Since that happened, we need to file a concealed damage claim, where it usually ends up splitting the cost between me (Ziller Electric) and the carrier. If you would of listened to my explanation, you would of fully understood that this would be covered fully, and the small dented piece of metal would of been replaced if the independant freight inspector would of found that the damage was caused prior to delivery to your house.
Some companies wash their hands of problems after their product leaves the door, but we do 110% to keep our customers happy throughout the ownership of their generators. I was sent a link to this page today from a prior customer who couldn't believe what he was reading, because he had a totally opposite experience.
So if you choose to have me take care of this generator, and want me to start a claim (like I offered yesterday) please feel free to call me, and I will take the steps to get the ball rolling.
Like I said above, we give 110% to keep our customers happy, but as a customer, you have to work with us. The generator was in your possesion for almost 3 weeks, and I hope you understand the need for an independant freight inspector
Thank You,
Kelly Myers ZillerElectric.com 1-888-2-ZILLER
I like your manners. Polite, even in the face of a vicious slam.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Always good to hear the other side of the story. Thanks for posting.
Kelly Myers wrote:

Kelly, I am very glad that you posted. Too often only one side is presented in this sort of thing, and presented in a way that is borderline libelous. Instead of lowering yourself and your company to the OP's level you replied completely and politely. I don't know your company, but I intend to visit your web site and see what you've got to offer. Knowing there is an intelligent and understanding person on the other end of the phone/web site is reassuring.
Take the rest of the day off, you've earned it. Print this out and hand it to your boss. If he has any common sense whatsoever, he'll agree with me.
Nate wrote:

I spoke with the owner of Ziller today... very, very nice guy and completely different experience. He assured me that he would work with the shipper and Generac to get this taken care of. He said they take great pride in their customer service and reputation. He impressed me so much that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.
As far as the signing issue, it's been covered in this thread already but definitely know what you're signing for... just receiving, receiving with no apparent damage, receiving with complete inspection, etc.
For those of you who provided constructive feedback, thanks again.

Everybody in this thread provided constructive criticism. You may not have liked how the constructive criticism was expressed, but it was constructive nonetheless. The only criticism that wasn't constructive, or warranted, was your own initial rant. You took something that was personal, your experience, which was based on your inexperience, and posted a rant on Usenet. That is not acceptable behavior, and that was simply pointed out to you.
I'm glad that the situation is being resolved amicably.

Glad it will be resolved.
Good luck. I was smoothed over by the shipping company with the same line.