Best replacement double pain windows

Who makes the best replacement double pain windows?

They all give a lot of pain if you break the panes.

You need double aspirin after doing double pain windows...
any that dont fit properly will surely be a double pain..
randy

I've never heard of double pain windows. Is that like when you smash your finger with a hammer, and then drop the hammer on your toe?
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

I forgot about that. Sorry, Kirk.
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
kirk Wilson wrote:

Andersen makes only new construction windows. They have the mounting flange that is supposed to be under the exterior siding. However, I have installed a few with the flange on the outside of the house with a few 1x3 or 1x4 sticks to cover the flange. On the inside, I make my own jamb extenders out of 1/2" plywood. This is mostly covered by the interior case molding. With adequate caulking and "Great Stuff" it all looks fine and is weather proof.
That being said, I do have problems with Andersen quality. It seems to vary over time. I have two supposedly identical large bay windows which were bought 7 years apart in time. The more recent one had gouges in the seat board, half the screws that held the crank mechanism in were missing. The window closers were plastic instead of metal on the earlier units. But when I finish replacing the windows, I would like them to be all from the same supplier. (Only 4 left to do)