best quick setting adhesive for vertical tile?

I'm doing a counter top (with 4 feet of backsplash) and would like something I can just set with the adhesive and not have to use tape or some other contraption while it sets up. Will be attaching to hardibacker concrete board. Tile is 13x13 ceramic but might be as big as 17x17. Thanks.