Best glue....

...for gluing a rubber seal that's come off at the bottom of the door of my dishwasher. Basically it has to be resistant to heat, and hot water. Every time I open my dishwasher I have to readjust this moulding back to it's original position, or I get a puddle on my floor. It looks like it was glued at the factory, so I guess I need whatever they used....Any Ideas...Thanx...Bob
bobby wrote:

RTV
George wrote:

Best used on silicone rubber. HTH
Joe

Go to an auto parts store and get a tube of "emblem adhesive" or whatever they want to call it. It's the stuff used for gluing trim pieces and weather stripping to cars. It's more or less the same thing as contact cement.
It's called 3M super weatherstrip adhesive and comes in yellow and black. Both equally effective.

Whatever you use the key is to LET IT DRY COMPLETELY! Most people think that adhesives don't work when in reality they are trying to rush the job and don't let the stuff dry and cure. Most glues work really well if you let them dry for the amount of time shown on the package.

AND make sure the surfaces are clean.
Mark

3M weatherstrip adhesive.
--