best foam-in-place product/system?

want to use foamed-in-place technique to insulate a homebrewed houseboat. first priority is thermal performance, second is acoustic.
really good results are desired. willing to spend. ready to be painstaking in execution.
recommendations?
no_child_left snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg wrote:

Hi, You might take a look at these guys:
http://www.fomo.com/products.html
--

Gary

www.BuildItSolar.com

Rather than trying to do this yourself. I would be contacting the pros in your area to ask them for a quote. Salt water might make a difference on what kind of foam you would want to use.
I used a company to inject foam in a home built in 1969. They came out and injected all of the block walls and all of the common wall between the garage and the kitchen (22 feet long by 8'6" high) for a grand. House was ~2000 sqft.
Sure made things quieter and the a/c bill went down.
You may be interested in this: http://www.touch-n-foam.com/pro.htm
I have used their 1 part products with good success. I typically use the nonexpansive product. It sounds as if your application lends itself to the bulk cylinders and/or the 2 part.

On 23 Jul 2005 23:12:33 -0700, no_child_left snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg wrote:

Of course. You could try this.....
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam
As long as you are not a chemist or mathematician, you should be fine.
--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Nice story.
I managed to blow out the wall in our garage by injecting a bit too much one part foam in a mastic gun.
On 23 Jul 2005 23:12:33 -0700, no_child_left snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg wrote:

Hi,
Try asking on uk.rec.waterways.
cheers, Pete.
no_child_left snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg wrote:

Urethane " pour foam ", two part system which you mix by hand and pour.
This is the most economical method.
In the past I have used the " Autofroth" system, which uses two tanks
and a static mixer wit 20 to 30 ft. of hose. the hoses are heated to
make the isocyanate and polyol resins more active. Tanks are pressurized
and quite expensive.
Lastly is the system from the Gussmer corp.. It uses pumps to pump the
chemicals from drums and has a mixing gun, which sprays the foam. Heated
hose is also used. This is very expensive.
Google urethane, spray or pour.
Isn't it correct that the gases that are emitted from some of these substances can be deadly during a fire? In any event, there is also something to be learned about polluting a contained atmosphere from gases which emit from some of these foams under 'normal' circumstances. The 'sick air syndrome' is not to be taken lightly. I would be very sure I researched this issue to the fullest extent possible by talking to labs and others that test and rate building materials. United Laboratories comes to mind as a source to begin doing so.
<%= Clinton Gallagher METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service" NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://metromilwaukee.com / URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /

These guys:
http://www.emegabuild.com /
claim no toxic emmisions from their soy based polyurethane foams.
But I don't know where to buy it, or how to install it.
Steve
Thanks for the helpful resource. Asking the vendor where to purchase has worked for me in the past ;-)
<%= Clinton Gallagher