best foam-in-place product/system?

want to use foamed-in-place technique to insulate a homebrewed houseboat. first priority is thermal performance, second is acoustic.

really good results are desired. willing to spend. ready to be painstaking in execution.

recommendations?

Reply to
no_child_left_unleashed

Hi, You might take a look at these guys:

Gary

Rather than trying to do this yourself. I would be contacting the pros in your area to ask them for a quote. Salt water might make a difference on what kind of foam you would want to use.

I used a company to inject foam in a home built in 1969. They came out and injected all of the block walls and all of the common wall between the garage and the kitchen (22 feet long by 8'6" high) for a grand. House was ~2000 sqft.

Sure made things quieter and the a/c bill went down.

Reply to
SQLit

You may be interested in this:

I have used their 1 part products with good success. I typically use the nonexpansive product. It sounds as if your application lends itself to the bulk cylinders and/or the 2 part.

DanG

Of course. You could try this.....

As long as you are not a chemist or mathematician, you should be fine.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi,

Try asking on uk.rec.waterways.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Urethane " pour foam ", two part system which you mix by hand and pour.

This is the most economical method.

In the past I have used the " Autofroth" system, which uses two tanks

and a static mixer wit 20 to 30 ft. of hose. the hoses are heated to

make the isocyanate and polyol resins more active. Tanks are pressurized

and quite expensive.

Lastly is the system from the Gussmer corp.. It uses pumps to pump the

chemicals from drums and has a mixing gun, which sprays the foam. Heated

hose is also used. This is very expensive.

Google urethane, spray or pour.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

Reply to
clintonG

Nice story.

I managed to blow out the wall in our garage by injecting a bit too much one part foam in a mastic gun.

Reply to
CWatters

These guys:

claim no toxic emmisions from their soy based polyurethane foams.

But I don't know where to buy it, or how to install it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the helpful resource. Asking the vendor where to purchase has worked for me in the past ;-)

Reply to
clintonG