Best bathroom ceiling paint

Just use quality not cheap cheap

Reply to
m Ransley

Make sure you have adequate ventilation or you might find the paint blistering after a few weeks. Specifically, a vent fan to remove the moisture from the bathroom during showers, wreaks havoc on new paint.

Reply to
sleepdog

I took the popcorn off of our bathroom ceiling. I will be putting primer/sealer on it. What kind of paint is best for bathrooms? Gloss, semi, flat? Do I need to find a ceiling paint? I will be doing texture do find the faults. THANKS for any good answers. Kim

Reply to
SCOTT

I use semi gloss latex. Works for me, YMMV.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Flat absorbs moisture, so don't use that. Use something with a gloss, which provides a hard-shell barrier. How much gloss -- semi-gloss, gloss, high gloss -- is up to you. Satin would work too.

I'd do 2 finish coats and avoid using the shower the day you finish the painting.

Latex works fine -- if you want to use oil-based, you can, but I find it's unnecessary. And you have to keep using oil-based if and when you decide to repaint.

"Ceiling paints" are typically flat and denote nothing more than a particular color. There are probably ceiling paints marketed for specific applications, but it's nothing more than marketing. It's like that hardware store that use to advertise "Kids Paint" -- a special paint for kids' rooms that allowed you to clean the walls. All it was was regular satin finish latex paint.

Reply to
Hopkins

I should add...

If the bathroom has a bath/shower, I suggest you use something with a gloss on the walls too. If it's just a half-bath, flat is fine.

Reply to
Hopkins

Clean, dry, free of grease and dust. Go to a real paint store. Alkyd semigloss is nice for doors and trim, because it takes a beating, cleans easily, and is easier to paint over. Latex semi for walls. Gloss, IMO, is more difficult to apply and shows defects more. Buy a primer suited for your surface and paint product.

Reply to
Norminn