best adhesives

anybody have favorite adhesives that they swear by? devcon epoxies and gorilla glue are what i generally run to for bonding plastic/metal, but i can't say that i've found anything that does an amazing job under normal circumstances (it seems every manufacturer wants the two surfaces being bonded to be perfectly cleaned/sanded and that's not always practical). -c
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:17:08 -0700, "Chris Miller"

"Best" is a function of material to be glued. I use a few different ones, but epoxy is one of the strongest for multipurpose use.
Cleaning the surface is a normal procedure. If you have a heaving coating of dust or grease, the adhesive is going to stick to that, not the surface. Simple physics. Makes for bad joints.

Duct tape. Elmer's Glue. Scotch tape. Post-It notes. Bondo. I guess it's all what you're trying to do.
I has Lasiks surgery a few years ago and they glued my eyes back together with the surface tension of a drop of water. Go figure. It was the right thing for that particular application.

Based on your good experience, that is what I'm going to use to glue some antique crystal decorations to a wall. Thanks for the tip.
One of the best all-around adhesives is called "Amazing Goop". It used to go by the name of "Plumber's Goop". Basically glue anything to anything. Be warned - it's extremely permanent.
You still need to clean surfaces of oil, grease, etc.