bending nails

Page 2 of 2
gcotterl wrote:

Okay, get a brad nailer and a compressed air tank. Fill the tank at the gas station or off a friend's compressor. Tank should cost about $25.00.

All the more reason for a brad nailer, etc. You've got more than $150 worth of aggravation otherwise.

Buying a brad nailer and a compressor doesn't make economic sense since I have only 26 feet of molding to install.
Getting a good, straight swing with the hammer is hard because I'm bending over countertops and ducking under wall cabinets.
reply:
This is when you find the value of the economic sense of buying a tool that will do the job RIGHT quickly. And future jobs. Pancake compressors can be had for $50, and nailers for $20-$100. Why putz with anything else?
Steve

Bought a new DeWalt with cart and hose the other day at yard sale for $60 ............
Used it already on the back forty for fencing that had to be stapled to cedar posts. What a joy. The guy working for me even commented that it was light years ahead of fence staples.
Steve