Battery boost

Page 1 of 6
What do you recomend for a dead batery booster?
On 12/30/2015 3:01 PM, Eagle wrote:

Generally, I pop them out and get new replacements. Did you mean AA or AAA?
Now days, I try and buy only alkalines, or NiMH. Won't buy carbons or nicads these days.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
After serious thinking Stormin Mormon wrote :

I mean car a battery. I have a cheap charger, but that thing seems to not work very well. I was checking battery boosters and chargers and see that the tech has improved drastically from a large wheeled box to a small lithium box you can carry around in the glove box.
On 12/30/2015 5:26 PM, Eagle wrote:

I've found in general there are three kinds of booster.
One, I'd call a charger. Plugs into extension cord, and changes 110 VAC to 12 VDC. Those range from float chargers to wheeled charger and booster.
Second, commonly called jumper cables. These use a running vehicle to provide battery power to a vehicle with low or dead battery.
Third is what I personally call a booster. Has a battery of its own. Clips to the car battery. The internal battery needs to be charged between uses (and on occasion as they go dead from the passage of time).
That said, I've tried three battery boosters. One from Harbor Freight didn't work, and got returned. One from BJ's Wholesale Club had a battery that went dead, and I was able to buy another battery. Years later, a third battery.
The more expensive (About $100) from Napa booster pack is on its first battery, and should still work fine.
As to the lithium cell boosters, I've never used one, and can't comment on them.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Well, guys, here is what Pat Goss and George Kurkowski have to say on this topic...
http://www.motorweek.org/features/goss_garage/lithium-ion-battery-jump-starter
On 12/30/2015 7:40 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Thank you. Those guys seemed to be pleased. I noticed they didn't jump a real car as part of their description. But, such is brief display.
I'm OK with the old booster pack for now. But when I'm in auto parts stores, I will be sure to view the products, and check prices.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Excuse me for being blunt, but will you quit starting all these extra friggin' threads instead of replying to the original thread!
Damn!
On 12/30/2015 8:20 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Don't you just hate it when you go to your book shelf and pull down a book of "Lassie and the tin horn". You curl up with a blanket, and open the book. The book is about injection molding plastic in the 1980s.
I get the same reaction with usenet thread drift.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

It took you years before you learned where to type your reply -- either top or bottom. How long will it take you to learn how to either reply to the original thread or start an entirely new thread WITH A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT!
Also, the previous thread didn't start out about Lassie and drift to plastic. You hijacked the farkin thread right out of the box. You're becoming more like that son of a bitch at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. every day -- It's not my fault!
By the way, Happy new year.
On 12/30/2015 8:54 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I think someone needs a hug.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

(((((lol)))))
On 12/31/2015 10:24 AM, Eagle wrote:

Life is no damn good, without a laugh now and again.
On 12/30/2015 7:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Amazon doesn't have it... Your search "lassie and the tin horn" did not match any products.
On 12/30/2015 10:34 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

It was a very short run print, they had so many other "Lassie and" books to make. That one is very collectable.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Gonna do some butt humping, eh?
On 12/31/2015 8:54 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

Naah, that's only for choirboys.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Pat Goss used to have a great show live on WRC, DC, probably on Sundays, but he's wrong when he says battery cables are obsolete and very dangerous.
I carry them and a girl asked me for a jump just two weeks ago.
On 12/31/2015 4:14 AM, Micky wrote:

I carry jumper cables in both vehicles, and use them now and again. Maybe three or four times a year. Maybe not that often. As to dangerous, one needs to follow the directions and operate safely.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Did you jump her Micky?
On 12/31/2015 4:14 AM, Micky wrote:

I'm jealous. Been a few years since a young lady wanted me to jump her, but I'm happily married anyway.