Bathtub Drain Cover Problem

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a similar problem. We're having our bathtub repainted, only to find out that the drain cover is non-standard size. We were told that the only solution is to buy a chrome-finish non-standard drain cover from a plumbing supply house, but we were doing all other fixtures in antique brass finish. Any suggestions? We can't use the old one because I had to hack it out. We live in a Chicago suburb and the house was built in 1962.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Moo

Tin snips, a drill, and some sheet-brass from onlinemetals.com. You might need a soldering iron, or torch, too.

Reply to
default