Bathroom heater dilemma

Hi,

We are redesigning the bathroom that is adjacent to our bedroom. Currently the bathroom has a radiator heater that is in a very awkward position and there is no door to the bedroom. We are removing the heater and adding a door to the bedroom. We will heat the tile and have an additional electric heater fan.

The problem is that there just isn't a good place to put a radiator. My question is: could that be acceptable considering the door to the bedroom and the additional sources of heat? I'm not concerned about taking a shower because with the warm tile and the fan the bathroom will be hot in about 2 min. What I *am* concerned about is the quick trip to the bathroom which may become a cold affair. Also, what would be the resale value implications?

Many thanks in advance for all opinions!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
Aaron Fude

What about those ceiling heaters, sometimes they are a heat lamp, sometimes just an electric fixture. My neighbors have one of the electric fixtures in their bathroom and it makes it quite cozy.

Reply to
Autumn

About a year ago, I saw a ceiling fan in Home Depot, with a heating element built in. Doesn't seem like something that would be useful in a bathroom, but you never know.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I saw a condo that was heated throughout with radiator/fan units which were recessed into the wall stud space and heated with water from the water heater carried through PEX tubing. Similar heaters would probably work on your heater system.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Put your floor heating system on a thermostat. Set it to a reasonable temperature and be done with it.

Reply to
mike

Will you have a bathroom vanity cabinet? They make a radiator called a kickspace heater that goes in the 4" space at the bottom of standard cabinets. Usually they have a built in fan to force the warm air out a grille that replaces part of the cabinet kickspace trim.

DAGS for kickspace radiator or heater or toe kick radiator or heater.

HTH,

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin