Bathroom faucet leaks, except when it doesn't

I have a two-handle washerless Delta faucet in one bathroom.
Quite often (maybe 10-20% of the time), if I turn the cold water handle off, the faucet will either drip slowly, or run a steady, thin stream of water. And the faucet handle is all the way back to the "hard" end of its travel; it can't be forced beyond that point.
When this happens, I'll grab the faucet handle and turn it on-off-on-off-on-off a few times, and then the leak or drip or whatever it is stops. Every time. Until the next time it happens.
What's going on here? Since I am ALWAYS able to easily stop the leak, it's like I don't have a problem. But since the situation keeps repeating, it's like I do. It's been this way for six to nine months, I'm guessing.

You need to replace the rubber grommets over the springs in the faucet. Get a rebuilding kit from your local dealer. It's very easy, but you have to have the exact, right kit. So be certain you know the model number.