Bathroom faucet leaks, except when it doesn't

I have a two-handle washerless Delta faucet in one bathroom.

Quite often (maybe 10-20% of the time), if I turn the cold water handle off, the faucet will either drip slowly, or run a steady, thin stream of water. And the faucet handle is all the way back to the "hard" end of its travel; it can't be forced beyond that point.

When this happens, I'll grab the faucet handle and turn it on-off-on-off-on-off a few times, and then the leak or drip or whatever it is stops. Every time. Until the next time it happens.

What's going on here? Since I am ALWAYS able to easily stop the leak, it's like I don't have a problem. But since the situation keeps repeating, it's like I do. It's been this way for six to nine months, I'm guessing.

Reply to
trader-of-some-jacks

You need to replace the rubber grommets over the springs in the faucet. Get a rebuilding kit from your local dealer. It's very easy, but you have to have the exact, right kit. So be certain you know the model number.

Reply to
William W. Plummer