Bathroom fan replacement question

The house I moved into has a Nutone 8210 7" ventilation fan see:

at their site, and talking with a phone rep, it sounds like this fan was designed for industiral use, and is pretty loud as a result. I want a quieter fan, and want to replace it with minimal effort. Does anyone have any ideas of other brand fans that might fit in this opening? Nutone doesn't make any queiter fans for this mounting. Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
Adam

William Brown

Do you mean removing the noisy fan and reusing the hole that exists from the current fan, or do you mean that I should jsut re-mount the same fan deeper in the ceiling?

Reply to
Adam

Wow 6.5 sones is pretty loud. If you want something real quiet, the panasonic line of fans are real good. 1.2 sones in some cases. You wont even realize its on! Check out

The ultimate in quiet is an inline fan. All you have in the room is a vent in the ceiling that goes to the fan motor and from there out of the home. Inline fans can be a problem though if you dont have attic space right above the area.

I am installing the inline fan in my upstairs bath and already have one of the smaller units in my basement bathroom.

Price can be high for them locally. I ordered mine from either ebay (new) or just did a few searches for the model that you want in google.

Tom

Reply to
BocesLib

Reply to
William Brown

You want quiet, you buy Panasonic. Not cheap but worth the $.

Reply to
Craven Morehead

go to home depot and listen to various fans. Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."

Reply to
Drifter