Bathfitters

My dad had it done and is quite happy with the result. I won't see him for a couple of weeks, so can't attest, but considering Dad still lives in the house he built when I was 4 (that would be 1963), if he's happy I'm guessing it was a good job.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Anyone have a good or bad experience with this company? It sounds like a good alternative to ripping out the old one piece shower / tub I have. What is the cost of having this done, and is it really a 1 day project? Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Mac

I got an estimate from them once for about $2000, but they guy said one of my shower walls was too soft and I would have to tear it out and replace it with something before he could warranty their install. Water leakage had weakened the drywall beneath the tile.

If I didn't have to do any work I might have gone with them. So instead of just tearing out the one wall I renovated the whole bath.

I figured if I had to tear out one wall why stop there for an expensive and temporary solution?

Reply to
sleepdog

I would not get one of these things (covers). I'll do it right and get a contractor to replace my tub and do the rest myself. My guess is that they look OK, but when problems arise, as they will eventually, it siwwl be much harder to fix. I don't cover up problems, I fix them. If I were looking at houses to buy and one had one of these, I would figure in the cost to replace proper and bid appropriately.

Reply to
scott_z500

I got a quote of $2300 for one of their drop in kits, elected to replumb all since they would not/could not explain how they can inspect and ensure water tight drain fitting without inspection.

-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com

Reply to
ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy