Basement in Outbuilding

I am buying a house which has a large outbuilding. I would like to knock it down, build a basement level underneath and then essentially rebuild it. Is this kind of thing approved readily? i remember reading about outbuildings being limited to one storey but does that mean above ground?
This is in Buckinghamshire, UK
cheers
--
clclclcl

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:15:30 +0000, clclclcl

Yes, you have my approval already! Now get to work.
If you can get the equipment inside, dig it out from the inside leaving a 1 foot perimeter, pour the basement walls and be done. It will be slightly smaller but you avoid permits and taxes.

You should _never_ have an outhouse with a basement.

Most people here are Yanks. You will find your local planning office holds free "surgeries" where you can go along and get an opinion about what you propose.

In Oxon. (only 30 miles distant) the local planning authorities forbade modifications like this (when my father wanted to transform a brick pigsty into a garden shed.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs