Basement heating

Hello, Anybody out here use electric wall heaters in your finished basements (or anywhere else for that matter ) I've got three rooms totalling about 600 sq feet. I have forced hot air, and would tap off of the first floor heating system, but I think that is probably a waste of hot air when nobody is in the basement.
Curious about your experiences. I remember wall heaters being really ugly beasts. Thanks.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:50:15 -0500, someone wrote:

Can you use regular electric baseboard heater?
<< Can you use regular electric baseboard heater? >> Unfortunately no.

You need to calulate a Ng -Kwh comparison. Im in the midwest and electricity is 230% more than my Ng costs, I just have closable vents on the furnace.

Close the registers when not in use. Electric is expensive to operate in most areas.

Good point.
Another thing to keep in mind is that a warmer basement makes the floors above a little warmer. IOW keeping the basement "confortable" all the time reduces the heat required on the first floor.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

So true. I'm also considering tapping into my first floor system, but I have some concerns about disturbing the pressure balance of the forced air system. I don't think it's always as simple as adding registers to existing ducts. I am considering adding an additional HVAC zone for our rather large basement instead (we have 4 zones already), though this may be cost prohibitive.
Contact the National Balancing Institute at www.nationalinstitute.com or 800-633-7058. They have certified technicians all over the country in air malancing. They can diagnose pressure problems. MBI can refer you to a certified contractor in your area.
Stretch