Bard furnace going into "lockdown" mode

The Bard only heats the master bedroom fortunately as it is about -1F here right now... and snowing. Anyway, yesterday the furnace did not come on in the morning as it is programmed to do. I checked the filter. Clean.

If I turn the circuit breaker off then on again the furnace starts right up. Oddly, the breaker is not tripping.

And the Trane furnace (which heats the rest of the house) right next to the Bard is working perfectly.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Reply to
russschell

Get a new thermostat? Are you sure it's a problem with the furnace and not the programmable thermostat? My programmable has done the same thing a couple times - seems like it's "forgotten" to turn on, but if I manually bump the temp up 1 degree then back down, it "remembers" and kicks on the furnace. We currently have a Lux brand theromstat, and I'm thinking of upgrading to a Honeywell or something a little nicer and hopefully more reliable. Andy

Reply to
aenewhouse

How much below the programmed setting does the room get ? if you adjust the thermostat down , then turn it back up does the furnace turn on properly.?

Reply to
marks542004

Did you check with a voltmeter to see if it hasnt actualy tripped, Breakers dont always pop if tripped or are bad. Check at the furnace for power

Reply to
m Ransley