Vinyl floor install

I am laying some Armstrong no-glue sheet vinyl in our laundry room. Reading the recommend installation procedures on Armstrong's web site and according to the guy at Lowe's-- I should unroll and let the vinyl "acclimate" it's self to my environment for 48 hrs before installing. How necessary is this? If anything the vinyl is colder than it will ever be in my house, from the drive home(1/2 hour in the back of my truck at 10°), so at worse I would think it may expand a little. While the vinyl was at Lowes it was between

60° and 70° and my house is about 68°, the humidity all around is very little. So am I setting myself up for issues if I just go ahead and lay the vinyl? What do the pros do, deliver the vinyl days in advance of an install? Don't they just show up and install the floor? Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Steve

Reply to
SuperPoo

Why not ask the guys at Armstrong. They probably spent $250,000 doing research on how to best install the flooring so they may have some idea.

Personally, I'd only wait 44 hours and take the chance, but I'm a daring (and debonair) kind of guy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I thought unrolling and "acclimatizing" was to let the curl in the vinyl relax, not to have the temperature equilibriate. The temperature would equilibriate in a few minutes, though humidity may take longer. When I did vinyl it was easier to work with after laid flat for a day. But I'm no expert.

Reply to
astrojeff

"SuperPoo" wrote

Steve,

I think you better read Armstrong's installation instructions again. It says "just prior to installation, lay flooring out flat to acclimate to conditions". It doesn't say a thing about 48 hrs.

Moe

"Moe" wrote

I should clarify it doesn't say a thing about laying out for 48 hrs, the key words are "just prior to installation, etc".

The mention of 48 hrs. in the installation instructions is in reference to climate/temperature.

Reply to
Moe