Bar Keeper's Friend for Toilet Lime Scale?

Has anyone used BKF for lime scale in a porcelain toilet bowl?
BKF says it can be used on sinks, baths, etc., but they don't mention toilets.
Seems like it might be effective. We've had a problem and neither CLR nor vinegar has not been helpful!
Any comments appreciated!

yes. it does work somewhat, but not as well as stronger acids.
A cleaner meant for use full strength on surfaces would probably be too diluted in the toilet water to be very useful. If you got most of the water out of the bowl first then you should have its full effacy.
I have been able to buy quite strong hydrochloric acid based bowl cleaner at the dollar store near me. this stuff is quite a bit stronger than any of those you mention for far lower cost.
I've had rust stains that refused to be removed except when I layed a rag soaked with CLR on top of it for almost a day. The extended soak time finally worked.

Wood bleach that is Oxalic Acid, active ingredient in BKF, may work better. Read the label as there are other wood bleaches.
On 26 May 2005 14:22:14 -0700, "ron snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

bkf is 100% oxalic acid, or wood bleach. i don't see how it would work 'better'.

The lady that does our cleaning at work likes Zud. She does wonderful cleaning with it.
Using an abrasive such as BKF on porcelain will scratch it. From then on cleaning it will be more difficult.

I checked the BKF can I have and it says it contains mild abrasives. So,it could not be pure oxalic acid.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I've had to remove the water from my bowl, and pour in muriatic acid concentrate to get the limescale. Not for everyone to try, you know.
Follow that, with scraping using the plastic handle of the toilet brush.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Wouldn't that etch the porcelain finish?
I believe acid is what's used to etch porcelain bathtubs for refinishing,to get the epoxy to adhere.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Christopher A. Young