Backsplash Tile Replacement

I am considering replacing the ceramic tile backsplash in my kitchen, the tiles are approximately 6x8 inches with a 3inch beveled cap at the top.

I think I can remove them with a stiff putty knife and a hammer, how is the dried up adhesive removed from the drywall, if it does not come off with the tile?

Has anyone done this and did you break much of the drywall due to stuborn tiles removing them?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
twfsa