Backsplash or Tile, That is THE Question????????????

We're about to purchase a granite countertop for our new cabinets, and we are bouncing back and forth on the issue of a backsplash. We can buy matching granite for the backsplash and tile between it and the cabinets, or we can just tile from the countertop all the way to the cabinets. With tiling all the way we're concerned a little about debris getting into the mating area between the granite and the tiles, but we figure we could seal and caulk good enough to handle this.
Just wanted to pop out here and get some opinions on which is the better way or the most stylish way? We think the tile all the way would look better, but the granite backsplash might have reasons we don't readily see. Also, the granite is + $50 per square foot while the tile is about $2 per square foot. ($400 vs. about $10 for the backsplash area).
Thanks!

What ever you use as a backsplash will requre a joint between it and the counter top. T
rethabs1 had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Backsplash-or-Tile-That-is-THE-Question-329863-.htm :
------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Alot of designers are using tile with the granite, I think it looks great and yes all theway to the cabinets for a couple of reasons. Rethabs1
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 311917 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Tile all the way up to cabinet "Check for radioactivity on Granite specially if you have kids" Tony
With tiling all the way we're concerned a little about