B&D Sawzall

Page 2 of 3
"Edwin Pawlowski"> wrote

Cave? Let them? Hardly. I just try to avoid them.
I guess I'm not one to just take the easy way out and not do things

I try to do both, take the easy way out AND do things the proper way. I do most of my purchasing online.
The more we stoop to the lowest common denominator, the

Nothing wrong with the 1st part, but as far as the 2nd part goes.....you can lead a horse to water....

Well, I have never considered myself a *we* and people that do deserve to be boxed up with the other *we's* of the world. It is far less expensive, an option for everyone that is unwilling to settle for 2nd best, and believe it or not - a rocket surgeons degree is not necessary to homeschool ones children to a level far beyond the capability of the public prisons, er, schools. What homeschooling does require though is parents that really care about their kids, not just talk about it but do it. Unfortunately it seems that most parents today are satisfied with the hugely expensive daycare service provided by the fedgov while they toil to pay for that service and hangout at the happy hours. The public schools will get much, much worse before people decide to do something about it.
Mr. Ed... You have definitely earned the shit disturber (pun intended) award. Do you also rudely interrupt other people's conversations with your verbal diarrhea or should I say irrelevant tripe?

Don't you just love newsgroups? Freedom of speech and all that stuff and no one can do much about it. You can bitch, complain, call people names, but otherwise you are powerless.
While it may be tripe and irrelevant to you, some of us enjoy a good debate and strong discussion of ethics. It is how our Founding Fathers made the US of A such a great country. Aren't you happy to be a part of it? I am, and proud of it.
If you would like to send Mr. Ed your thoughts, his email address is snipped-for-privacy@snet.net . Great for spammers too!
the e... should read eps
Sorry the e... should read esp
. Great for spammers too!

Oh my, Mr. Ryton is being mean to me. I think I'm going to cry and tell my mommy on him. He is a big boy and has me scared. .
I do have good spam filters too, but most here are too mature to follow your childish, pathetic, suggestion. .
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I'm with you on the grammar and language usage but don't get too pedantic. Ever say Thermos when you really mean a vacuum bottle of another brand? Course most of the "thermos" things are really vacuum bottles anymore.
Hi Jeff... You missed the previous conversation with Mr. Ed [No pun intended :)]. An Ebay search for - sawszall ("black and decker","b&d") - had returned 37 matches on Ebay while - "reciprocating saw" ("black and decker","b&d") - only returned 20. Therefore, the majority of people use the "Sawzall" term generically. I don't care that it's a trademark, only that most people will see my part request.

point not mentioned Milwaukee makes the only Decent Recipr------- what ever saw, the rest are just poor imitations of the SAWZALL

Guys...relax.
Was that a Nylon(TM) gear? Those can be a real headache; enough to make a grown man cry. Wipe away those tears with a Kleenex(TM), wash down an Aspirin(TM) with some coffee out of your Thermos(TM). Careful, don't spill any on your Levi's(TM) cuz if it leaks through your BVDs(TM) it's gonna hurt.
If you find a steel replacement gear it will probably come wrapped in Cellophane(TM) and covered with Cosmoline(TM). The vendor might even throw in a Xerox(TM) copy of the assembly instructions.
Good luck.

You're right about all the others, but I think I heard on the radio just last week that Monsanto?? never did trademark "nylon" because they wanted it to become the word everyone uses.
No one cares about my opinion of course, but I think they all have it backwards, about loss of trademark rights. I think the fact that, for example, everyone calls it kleenex proves that kleenex is the first or first well-known, and that Kimberly-Clark? is entitled to trademark rights and that no other corporation can use the term in their advertising for a competing product..
Similarly, the makers of aspirin should still have exclusive rights to use that word, as opposed to other makers of the same chemical product.

Hi mm... Polyamide (aka Nylon) was invented by researchers at DuPont and you are correct, they didn't register the trademark.

Dupont! Thank you.
Another interesting thing is that it is made from coal iirc. Not oil. We got lots of coal. Maybe they could make auto bodies etc. out of nylon.

Throw it away and buy a Milwaukee. You'll be a lot happier...
Try Sears. I needed a new switch for my Makita scms and I found it online at a Sears repair site. It was only $10.

Good Grief. This thread sure went to hell fast.... I quit reading all the crap.
Anyhow, Ebay has a "WANTED" page. I am not real fond of Ebay, but it's worth a try.
PS. I have a B&D professional recip saw for years. It was well made. It finally went up on smoke after some 20 years. B&D used to make decent tools, but not anymore.
The age seems about right. Has it departed for the landfill yet? If not and you are interested in selling the gear, what is the model number?

Yes, it's long gone. About 2 years ago. Definately worth fixing if you can get the part. Like I said, mine lasted 20 years and I used it for a handyman business for many of those years, then used it on the farm, so it got hard use.
I dont do much building anymore but still would like to get another recip saw one of these days. It will either be a Milwaukee, or if I can find one of those older B&D's. I WON'T be a new B&D or worse yet, a Skil.
I was wishing I had a recip saw last week when I had to cut the muffler off my car. I finally used my angle grinder.
I see the battle continues on here.... Too bad we can not email out chill pills.
Hi... Thanks for the reply. I figured but had to ask. This ancient constuction grade model B&D Sawzall (needle bearings throughout) was used by my carpenter brother-in-law for years. Its failure was the result of the trust ring's cover retaining screws working loose (common design - even in my Hitachi). It's always better to fix, if economically feasible, than filling-up the landfill, IMHO.
I just finished repairing one of his old Skilsaws which had a failed fan-end armature bushing (a couple of hours and < $1). Anyway, I will give it to our local Seniors Centre (They make outdoor furniture and kids play equipment) and the Sawzall will go there as well if I can find the part.
Yes, it would be great to send Mr. Ed some sort of pill (LOL) as this thread should not have been more than my original post with an email response or two for the part. Anyway, dealing with his kind is something to be expected I guess.